Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just installed CPU Scaler Ultimate with SPK and everything was working great until i woke up around 6:30 to a blinking notification with the screen off; i use brightness unlinked. I picked up the phone and the screen didnt turn on. I had to do a battery pull and it took over 8 minutes for it to come back (it was turning on and then the Palm logo was pulsing then it did the spinning circle like if it was restarting again and finally turning on normal). I have Preset Reset to restart my device at 4am and around 6:45 i had brightnless unlinked open itself and so did facebook, it was the weirdest thing. So i have no idea what couldve had caused the unresponsive screen. Has this happening to anyone? Does brightness unlinked not work with a scaling app? I use to have uber kernal + govnah but had too many freezing problems plus laggy camera problems so i switched to SPK + CPU scaler Ultimate. I do have the setting that make the scaling stick to reboot, could that also be the problem. Please let me know what you guys think? Thanks!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    What I think is that you need to ditch SPK and install UberKernel since the former is no longer supported. You were given this advice in another thread too. thorne
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    What I think is that you need to ditch SPK and install UberKernel since the former is no longer supported. You were given this advice in another thread too. thorne
    i understand its not being supported but i was having problems with uber kernal and i might go back to it till its more stable
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I am using spk and cpuultimate, have had no problems. So I'm and not changing from the spk, it is great.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I am using spk and cpuultimate, have had no problems. So I'm and not changing from the spk, it is great.
    what settings do u use and are they sticking on reboot, do you use brightess unlinked?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

what settings are you using with the scaler? if you are less then 500 - 800 maybe you have a cpu that cannot handle the lower speeds -- i ditched the spk because it caused severe battery drain on my particular pre and am using the uber kernel now with good results -
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I don't think so... why? I've been using SPK since it came out,then left and try UBER,didn't like the fact of setting mhz every time after lunar/reboot. I think having unlinked and preset reset might have cause that problem not the SPK. Do a webos doc remove preset reset and add back the kernel,and see what happen. I'm using reboot scheduler and no problems ''HERE'' Good luck!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    what settings are you using with the scaler? if you are less then 500 - 800 maybe you have a cpu that cannot handle the lower speeds -- i ditched the spk because it caused severe battery drain on my particular pre and am using the uber kernel now with good results -
    im scaling btw 250-800; do you use govnah or cpuscaler ultimate. i read that u cant use reduce minumum brightness and brightness unlinked with govnah because if your scaling from 500-800 and when u turn screen on it'll stick at 500 instead of going to 800 plus govnah doesnt save your settings on reboot
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    im scaling btw 250-800; do you use govnah or cpuscaler ultimate. i read that u cant use reduce minumum brightness and brightness unlinked with govnah because if your scaling from 500-800 and when u turn screen on it'll stick at 500 instead of going to 800 plus govnah doesnt save your settings on reboot
    i am using cpuscaler ultimate with the uber kernal -- this combo works for me -- i ditched brightness unlinked as i use mode switcher and they conflict + with mode switcher you can change brigtness depending on where you are.
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  10.    #10  
    i am using cpuscaler ultimate with the uber kernal -- this combo works for me -- i ditched brightness unlinked as i use mode switcher and they conflict + with mode switcher you can change brigtness depending on where you are.
    i use brightness unlinked mainly to turn off my screen on the touchstone every night
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I don't think so... why? I've been using SPK since it came out,then left and try UBER,didn't like the fact of setting mhz every time after lunar/reboot. I think having unlinked and preset reset might have cause that problem not the SPK. Do a webos doc remove preset reset and add back the kernel,and see what happen. I'm using reboot scheduler and no problems ''HERE'' Good luck!
    if you are using cpuscaler ultimate the setting stick no matter what kernel -- use which ever kernel works for you -- i cahnged for 2 reasons 1) severe battery drain 25% - 30% at idel with scaler running at 250-800 2) i like the cpu temp function and with cpuscaler ultimate you have the cpu and battery temp right next to each other -- pretty cool
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    if you are using cpuscaler ultimate the setting stick no matter what kernel -- use which ever kernel works for you -- i cahnged for 2 reasons 1) severe battery drain 25% - 30% at idel with scaler running at 250-800 2) i like the cpu temp function and with cpuscaler ultimate you have the cpu and battery temp right next to each other -- pretty cool
    To my knowledge the pre should not be running less than 500mhz.. 500-whatever settings you choose would be the best for the phone/cpu.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    To my knowledge the pre should not be running less than 500mhz.. 500-whatever settings you choose would be the best for the phone/cpu.
    i don't think that this is a correct statement -- my phone runs constantly at 250 when not in use to conserve battery -- with the new uber kernel i have not yet seen any lock ups of restarts when my settings are this way --
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    I uninstalled all of my overclocks but I do miss having my snappy pre. Guess I'll wait til the webos update is released, maybe more advancement will b available through webos internalz uber govnah apps
  15.    #15  
    looks like my pre got frozen again when i woke up....my pre showed 9:40 with a blinking notification (wasnt running brightness unlinked) and my actual clock in my room showed 12:00pm so yeah....for me SPK doesnt work with CPU scale ultimate....ima c if uber kernal works well with CPU scale ultimate
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

16.    #16  
    right now im testing.... uber kernal with CPU scaler ultimate and ima scale fro 500-800 maybe the 250 minumum made it freeze so we'll c
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'm using Uber-Kernal and scaling with CPUScaler Ultimate. I had one Luna restart yesterday. I'm scaling 500-800mhz. Battery drain is about the same as when I had SuperKernal installed.
    Try just useing the SPK.. Thats all i use and i am perfectly fine with my battery and no problems. I had the uber and govnah but i had some bad battery drain with that, so i'm sticking with the SPK 800.
    I went back as well, but after some testing found that the settings do stick (with Uber) if you use the built in configurations, not the 'custom'.

Using something 'screenstate' or 'performance' and those stick.

The custom right now, does not stick and he is working on getting it fixed.

But for some reason, I went back since for some reason (nothing in particular) until he updates it just a little.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

When ever I used a scaling patch with the minimum set at either 125 or 250 my Pre would freeze up at least once a day and then I would have to pull the battery to fix it. Some Pre's just cannot hang with running slower than 500.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast