Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If anyone is interested in speaking with a lawyer, let this person know. I found this on the Palm forums and this person is taking names to take to his lawyer.

Re: GPS! - Palm Support Community

I'm thinking possible class action.
    It will never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    It will never happen.
    why not? If Verizon is crippling the phone on purpose just so people are forced to add the navigation service.
    This whole country has become lawsuit happy. I hope it fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    If anyone is interested in speaking with a lawyer, let this person know. I found this on the Palm forums and this person is taking names to take to his lawyer.

Re: GPS! - Palm Support Community

I'm thinking possible class action.
    Give me a break...
    Okay I'll bite. So who is going to pay for the attorney? Oh yeah and you guys do realize Verizon will represent itself with their team of attorneys. Everyone is so quick to say 'sue' without giving much thought about what it would take to sue.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    why not? If Verizon is crippling the phone on purpose just so people are forced to add the navigation service.
    The conspiracy theorists and victim mentality is crazy.

Verizon Product Managers aren't sitting around trying to think up ways to irritate customers by making their phones malfunction.
    Do you know how long a class action lawsuit takes? Years! Did you actually think this would solve your gps problems now? 5 years from now you won't even own a palm. 5 years from now, the pixi and pre won't exist. I don't need the courts being tied up by people suing over a small disposable device because gps doesn't work properly on it. Where has common sense gone? Get a grip on reality. You had 30 days to return it, if you didn't like it. For 30 days you knew gps did not work properly, yet you kept it. Now you want to sue them for your own stupidity.
  9.    #9  
    Class action lawsuits are taken by lawyers who see a possible win. They are usually paid from the recovery (common fund) they create for the plaintiff class.

I don't get you people. So you think it's ok for companies to walk all over you? You wonder why this world is getting the way it is with companies constantly taking advantage of people and no one stepping up. If no one ever stood up for their rights, we wouldn't have the life we live today.

I paid for a phone that advertised a working GPS. What I got was broken phone that Verizon won't replace anymore. Regarding the 30 days, I was tricked into believing that "Enable Google Services" was gps. It is not - it's aGPS. I only found out later when time went over and someone explained it thoroughly.

There is nothing wrong with a lawsuit if Verizon truly crippled the GPS. This is exactly how Blackberry users got GPS up and running - because they all complained and did something.

So for you guys who just want to sit back and do nothing - good luck to you. Glad your phone is working great - but according to the 4/5 of us out there running Pre Pluses with broken GPS and demand we get what we paid for, we'll continue marching on.
    Class action lawsuits are taken by lawyers who see a possible win. They are usually paid from the recovery (common fund) they create for the plaintiff class.

I don't get you people. So you think it's ok for companies to walk all over you? You wonder why this world is getting the way it is with companies constantly taking advantage of people and no one stepping up. If no one ever stood up for their rights, we wouldn't have the life we live today.

I paid for a phone that advertised a working GPS. What I got was broken phone that Verizon won't replace anymore. Regarding the 30 days, I was tricked into believing that "Enable Google Services" was gps. It is not - it's aGPS. I only found out later when time went over and someone explained it thoroughly.

There is nothing wrong with a lawsuit if Verizon truly crippled the GPS. This is exactly how Blackberry users got GPS up and running - because they all complained and did something.

So for you guys who just want to sit back and do nothing - good luck to you. Glad your phone is working great - but according to the 4/5 of us out there running Pre Pluses with broken GPS and demand we get what we paid for, we'll continue marching on.

So you have a group of attorneys ready to fight this case tooth and nail for the next few years, and they are fine with not receiving any compensation immediately? Also they will prove that enough financial harm was done on all the plaintiffs to profit from this? Seriously you are living in a dream world.
    (Set scene)

Verizon reps and CEO sitting around a table in a dark candle lit room... lighting crashes outside of a window.

CEO: "This new Pre, its gonna sell like hotcakes...and we need to find a way to cash in on this"

Rep 1: "well...they have free GPS...so how are we going to get them to sign up for $10 a month VZ Navigator?"

Rep 2: "lets cripple the OS, even though Palm is the one in charge of this, so that they HAVE to use our app. I'm sure Palm will be ok with this"

CEO: "Yes..thats a great idea! Its not like our plan will backfire and cause users to be extremely dissatisfied and return the phone."

Rep 1: "Hey well we are at it, lets make the phone ridiculously cheap and offer a Wifi Hostpot service for free...since we are so keen on ripping off the customer"

Rep 2: "Yes perfect! Lets also undermarket the hell out of it, and pursuade people to buy the Droid, which has a much better free Google Navigation app than our own Verizon Navigation app. Its PERFECT!"

CEO: "Verizon will RULE THE WORLD!!!"

All three: "MWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!" (lightning crashes again)

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    (Set scene)

Verizon reps and CEO sitting around a table in a dark candle lit room... lighting crashes outside of a window.

CEO: "This new Pre, its gonna sell like hotcakes...and we need to find a way to cash in on this"

Rep 1: "well...they have free GPS...so how are we going to get them to sign up for $10 a month VZ Navigator?"

Rep 2: "lets cripple the OS, even though Palm is the one in charge of this, so that they HAVE to use our app. I'm sure Palm will be ok with this"

CEO: "Yes..thats a great idea! Its not like our plan will backfire and cause users to be extremely dissatisfied and return the phone."

Rep 1: "Hey well we are at it, lets make the phone ridiculously cheap and offer a Wifi Hostpot service for free...since we are so keen on ripping off the customer"

Rep 2: "Yes perfect! Lets also undermarket the hell out of it, and pursuade people to buy the Droid, which has a much better free Google Navigation app than our own Verizon Navigation app. Its PERFECT!"

CEO: "Verizon will RULE THE WORLD!!!"

All three: "MWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!" (lightning crashes again)

You guys seriously need to do your homework. This has already happened with Blackberries.
  13.    #13  
    I'm more perplexed in this world of people who like to come on forums and just poke, prod and banter on others who are actually DOING something to get somewhere. What's the point of all your negativism? If you don't like it - don't post. You're not required to read every post on here, or are you?
    I for one am not in favor of the litigation happy society we live in.

HOWEVER, if Verizon did in fact program the phone to not function properly using the GPS antenna with apps other than VZ Navigator, they should definitely have to answer for it somehow.
    You guys seriously need to do your homework. This has already happened with Blackberries.
    Blackberry makes the Palm Pre?

I had no idea.
    I don't understand what you are crying about. Verizon subsidized your phones so you would use it on their network. You guys will have to be able to prove that a significant financial harm was done to you by a premeditated act by this company in order to defraud you. So all of this research will be done for free, oh wait there is a magical pot at the end of the rainbow that will pay everyone.

You will also need a massive number of people to sign up to this 'class action'.

And no you are not working towards any goal, because what you want is something for nothing. You want a fully unlocked phone, fine go straight to the company and demand they sell you one for full price.

You want Verizon to subsidize it, than live with the fact they want you to use vznavigator.
  17.    #17  
    I don't understand what you are crying about. Verizon subsidized your phones so you would use it on their network. You guys will have to be able to prove that a significant financial harm was done to you by a premeditated act by this company in order to defraud you. You will also need a massive number of people to sign up to this 'class action'. And no you are not working towards any goal, because what you want is something for nothing. You want a fully unlocked phone, fine go straight to the company and demand they sell you one for full price.

You want Verizon to subsidize it, than live with the fact they want you to use vznavigator.
    What is not clicking for you is one missing component. Verizon never put it anywhere in my agreement with them that I would HAVE to purchase an additional fee to get GPS to work. All advertising materials and sales reps from Verizon were selling the device with a WORKING GPS that was NOT BOUND to ADDITIONAL SERVICES. You cannot sell someone something and tell them AFTER THE FACT that they need to purchase an additional service in order to get something to work. That's false advertising and unlawful.

Had Verizon said to me that I WOULD have had to pay a monthly fee for the GPS to work, I WOULD NOT have purchased the Pre at the time. If Verizon would like to cancel my plan at this time and reimburse me for the phone that does not work AS ADVERTISED, then I would gladly walk away and await for this phone to arrive on AT&T. I am not asking for a fully unlocked phone - I'm asking for what I paid for. What I got, is something else.
    I don't understand what you are crying about. Verizon subsidized your phones so you would use it on their network. You guys will have to be able to prove that a significant financial harm was done to you by a premeditated act by this company in order to defraud you. So all of this research will be done for free, oh wait there is a magical pot at the end of the rainbow that will pay everyone.

You will also need a massive number of people to sign up to this 'class action'.

And no you are not working towards any goal, because what you want is something for nothing. You want a fully unlocked phone, fine go straight to the company and demand they sell you one for full price.

is this serious? What about people who bought a pre at full price? Please, by all means make your best argument for verizon doing this to those people because I would love to hear it.

Why do some of you not want the GPS fixed, really what is wrong with you.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    We need a pre+ on at&t or sprint first. Then we can start pointing the finger at verizon. I know my sprint pres gps works good with a cell signal and works so so without one. Don't just assume till you have another plus on another network.
    I am a Verizon customer and understand the complaint.
    However, from the terms you agreed to:

"You and Verizon Wireless both agree to limit claims against each other for damages or other monetary relief to direct damages. This limitation and waiver will apply regardless of the theory of liability. That means neither of us will try to get any indirect, special, consequential, treble or punitive damages from the other. This limitation and waiver also applies if you bring a claim against one of our suppliers, to the extent we would be required to indemnify the supplier for the claim"
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast