Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    FYI, I would assume that if something like this actually saw the light of day, it would be the last Palm product ever offered by Verizon.

...just sayin'
    So was a lawsuit ever filed, or is this just another case of chest beating? Seems like a lot of hot air with no balz to follow through.
    Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    So was a lawsuit ever filed, or is this just another case of chest beating? Seems like a lot of hot air with no balz to follow through.
    Yep, hot air as usual, but Verizon has acknowledged a fix is in the offing according to this PreCentral article.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Verizon/NIM is simply choosing not to provide this through their network without a paid subscription. Is it unethical of Verizon not to plainly state this? Yes. Illegal? No.
    I have VZ Nav and it does not allow 3rd party apps to work still. Is it ilegal to sell me a phone as "standalone gps" when that service is actually blocked? Yes. That's like buying satalite radio and not gettng any music. I've paid for a Standalone GPS phone on a GPS capable package and purchased all extra Navigation packages. I don't know what else to tell you guys... I shouldnt have to hack my phone to do as it was sold to me.
    good lord more "whaaaa my gps this or that" there are patches available that do help .Vz chooses to do this , it isn't all that ethical but it isn't illegal , get your facts straight. Oh wait you can't that's right , your other post was locked because you couldn't back your "facts".
    OK... mods are only after me and they let this guy continue to (excuse me for not finding a word that explains someone that pops into post relating to only a certain topic just to make fun of people, degrade them and offer no real help actually only creating problems not solutions) whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by dcrose001 View Post
    good lord more "whaaaa my gps this or that" there are patches available that do help .Vz chooses to do this , it isn't all that ethical but it isn't illegal , get your facts straight. Oh wait you can't that's right , your other post was locked because you couldn't back your "facts".
    good lord more "stop complaining a company is stealing from you and take it like a man" there are ethics and laws to handling business. VZ chooses not to do this, it isn't ethical, and false advertising IS illegal, nothing but straight facts. oh wait, you can't understand because you work for Verizon and share their IQ and actually think my thread (not post) was locked for any reason other then you taking it off topic and starting the ...

Why can't you let us get our situation fixed? If you had a broken arm would you want me telling the doctor you should just suck it up because my arm is fine. Your post telling us to buy maps was just ignorant. Buy a GPS device and when it doesn't work just accept the fact I should have used a map in the first place? What kind of irrational thinking do you posses... oh yeah... Verizon employee, just like the one who offered me the option to buy another phone from Verizon to solve this issue. That's right, they came back and offered for me to purchase a second phone so I could have one working one.

Mods, please do something about this guy following my posts... We are trying to get some resolve about a real issue here that is well documented. he is only impairing our efforts by his postings and only starting fights and such. I sent this to you already about a few of his posts and this one, too, and you were more concerned about my name being offensive and me attacking someone by claiming they were behaving a certain way. Well, this post was a defence to the attacking I have been getting from him, so deal with it as you guys see fit.
    Last edited by RetarTed; 05/21/2010 at 02:49 PM.
    boo...hoo?

I think that pretty much sums up most of the comments on this topic.
    If you haven't anything constructive and helpful to add, Move Along.

Stop the Flaming, Insulting, and or Mocking.

-Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    No. I believe in capitalism. If people actually care about this, and it's not just a fringe minority of whiney nut-jobs, then people will stop doing business with Verizon and they will start to change their practices.
    I will have to say that in a young capitalist society that is exactly how it works. But once capitalism is full grown ... companies become "too big to fail" ... hmm haven't we heard that before? Our GPS (if we can prove it) might spurn people to give VZW a hard time but remember ... we have a contract and the only thing we can potentially prove is breach of contract. I assure you that somewhere there is a clause that covers just this situation. We can and should stand up for what we believe our rights are, but a class action suit is probably over the top.
    wat
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345