1.    #1  
    does anyone else get the luna restart when you unlock the device?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Daily. Sometimes 2 or 3 times and always at the wrong time when I am trying to make an important phone call. It is the single most irritating thing about this phone to me.
  3.    #3  
    yeah seems to be getting worse for me.
    I have noticed if you press your unlock button and it doesn't come on immediately, DO NOT TOUCH IT AGAIN, and 9 times out of 10 the screen will light back up and you can unlock it a few short seconds later. It seems pressing the lock button more than once while it is in that frozen state causes it to reboot, this is all in my experience though.

As mentioned above, it is the most annoying thing for me as well.
    yes mostly after I update or download an app
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i heared that its a WebOS bug, when Palm Pre in sleeping mode and locked, the CPU clock set to 125Mhz, and the WebOS crashes once it gets unlocked when it was sleeping.

Installing the UperKernal and Govneh from Preware and setting it to Screen off(Sleeping Mode) at speed 500MHz may fix this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I have noticed if you press your unlock button and it doesn't come on immediately, DO NOT TOUCH IT AGAIN, and 9 times out of 10 the screen will light back up and you can unlock it a few short seconds later. It seems pressing the lock button more than once while it is in that frozen state causes it to reboot, this is all in my experience though.

I have to agree this is the best way to avoid this problem -- has happened to me since the 1.4.1.1 update (on Sprint). I don't remember this ever happening prior to that.

The hard thing, is that when you click the power button and the screen stays black instead of giving you the unlock screen, the temptation is to click the power button again, open the slider, do anything to get the device to respond.

My problem is that I give in to this temptation every other time .

Happens to me 1 - 3 times a day. The luna restart doesn't take that long, but it is still annoying.
    Something that I found interesting was the keyboard lights up and the screen doesn't. I have learned to be patient and wait for the screen to come out of sleep mode. It I hit anything, it'll reset.
    It did this to me a few times on the 125-800 scaling. I have it on 250-800, and it has never restarted like you mentioned since.
    Sometimes it is slow to wake up after hitting the power button. I slide out the keyboard and it is instantly awoken.
    For the random luna restarts:
    It is (I can proof it ) definitely Preware that causes the random restarts. I had the same problem weeks ago and 4.5 weeks ago I decided to STOP using Preware after a clean reboot.
    What should I say? For 4.5 weeks I had NO random luna restarts, NOT ONE!
    Yesterday I started Preware again, for updating itself, calculated with a restart and it happened 1.5 hours later.

I'm not sure what is the root of this restarts, but I'm sure it is in Preware, not that I think it IS Preware, it seems that Preware uses some function that starts struggling webOS a lot, so shure this MUST be fixed in webOS, but for me, I don't start Preware for the next few weeks and have a quite stable phone :-)

P.S. I also tested Preware Alpha yesterday, after half an hour it happened again.
    when I press the unlock and it does not light the screen, opening the slider while the screen is dark causes a restart 100% of the time. Waiting 30 seconds and trying again seems to work without the restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post

The method above works for almost EVERYTIME. I noticed the same thing as well, sometimes it seems to be after a voicemail has come in but phone didn't ring. Annoying, but still ove this phone and OS...have the Palm Pixi here.
    Much less frequent these days, but still happens occasionally.
    At least it cuts down on the too many cards error.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    If I've been using the phone extensively to the point where I know I've possibly filled up the RAM, when I'm done I'll preemptively do a manual Luna restart.

Sure it's annoying but I've accepted it and I've learned to work around it.