1.    #1  
    Before you all ask, I did try the power button, however the power button does not work. How can I get the pre to turn on otherwise?
    Did you hold it?
    you could always plug it in to charge if the power button is truly broken
    Put it on charge, it should turn on automatically in about a minute or at least give you some action on the screen. If your screen has done nothing within of 5 mins on charge, try the power button for a few secs while on charge.
    if that fails pull the battery and then replace and try again. Let us know if that works.
  5.    #5  
    I know for a fact the button does not work, I was about to doctor my phone, and had to do a battery pull when the phone was trying to restart(hence the reason for doctoring, it continuously freezes during shutdown, requiring a battery pull, and now the power button issue)
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I'm assuming it also does not respond to sliding open the keyboard?

You may have the dreaded spontaneous shut-down issue. I've found it QUITE annoying. Fortunately, it's not frequent for me.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I had this issue once, where my phone wouldn't turn on or respond to anything. It started one night and still wouldn't turn on in the morning. Then a little bit later it randomly worked. I don't know why.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"