1.    #1  
    So, I did the update and I'm still having issues with the keyboard. I love webos but my love for this phone is diminishing fast!

Is anyone else having issues? It doesn't get better by the next update, I think I'm going to have Verizon change me out for a Motorola Droid.
    Are you overclocking your Pre?
    um, have you tried typing on a Moto Droid?? the physical keyboard is terrible IMO...the touchscreen is ok, but it's still a touchscreen...
    I was also having keyboard problems when I updated. Actually I didn't have any keyboard problems until I updated to 1.4.1.1.

I did a full erase and reinstalled everything I had (including superprekernal) Keyboard issues came back again. I decided just to deal with them.

However, I recently switched from superprekernal to uber-kernal + governa and all keyboard issues vanished.

If you're overclocked, I would recommend installing the stock kernal, then installing the newest version of uber-kernal for a day and see if that helps or not.
    I used to get terrible keyboard "bounce".. repeated "e"s, "r"s, "s"s, etc.

AFter applying 1.4.1.1, it pretty much cleared up. Occasionally, I don't press some keys all the way through the phone, and nothing shows up, but it's like 90% better than it was.

Now, If I can only figure out what 14.1.1 did to PreBackup...

russ
    no keyboard double typing, last update fixed the prob. Only ones still having prob are those that have overclocked it seems.
    so unless you stop overclocking don't blame palm
    and if you don't want to stop, enjoy your droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    So, I did the update and I'm still having issues with the keyboard. I love webos but my love for this phone is diminishing fast!

Is anyone else having issues? It doesn't get better by the next update, I think I'm going to have Verizon change me out for a Motorola Droid.
    Sooo... you don't like typing on the Pre+ and you want a Droid? That's like moving from Alaska to Antarctica because Alaska was too cold for you... have you even tried using a Driod's keyboard? It's like trying to type on scotch tape...

I'd recommend you ask Verizon for a replacement Pre Plus if you're still having issues. i had keyboard repeat issues on my Pre Plus too, but 1.4.1.1 seems to have fixed them, at least for me. Best of luck to you.
  8.    #8  
    No I am not overclocking or anything. It's stock in every way at the moment.

The big problem isn't the repeating as much (which it still does), but F and K I have to push very hard now to get them to even show up. I am having that issue as well as repeats still.
    Your keypad might just be more borked than normal. My first Pre Plus I received was so badly doing character repeats I couldn't even enter my basic info the first time I powered on the phone. It was that bad, repeats almost every other word I typed. My second unit didn't have anywhere near the same level of repeats, but still happened. Now with 1.4.1 installed no issues whatsoever. And yes, do not install the superprekernel since that reverts your phone back to 1.4.0!
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    No I am not overclocking or anything. It's stock in every way at the moment.

The big problem isn't the repeating as much (which it still does), but F and K I have to push very hard now to get them to even show up. I am having that issue as well as repeats still.
    Having to push really hard sounds closer to bad hardware to me, I would try and get it replaced