Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm totally confused. I doctored my phone the other night after upgrading to VZW 1.4.1.1. I installed SuperPreKernel, and it appears to work and can detect when a custom kernel is installed, but the kernels seem to have no effect. No matter which one is installed (or if I go back to the stock kernel), the device is set to 600mhz (scaling from 250MHz to 600MHz). What gives??? Before the 1.4.1.1 update and subsequent doctor, I was using the application to scale from 250-800MHz with no problems.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I'm totally confused. I doctored my phone the other night after upgrading to VZW 1.4.1.1. I installed SuperPreKernel, and it appears to work and can detect when a custom kernel is installed, but the kernels seem to have no effect. No matter which one is installed (or if I go back to the stock kernel), the device is set to 600mhz (scaling from 250MHz to 600MHz). What gives??? Before the 1.4.1.1 update and subsequent doctor, I was using the application to scale from 250-800MHz with no problems.
    wow! even after doctoring the problem still persist... Do a full erase,another doc and make sure you're adding both files together before pressing the install button. If problem persist,try doing a doc to 1.40. Good luck.
  3. #3  
    Are you running the second gen SPK and not the 1st gen, make sure it is the 2nd gen and it should work. How are you checking your frequency, cpuscalerultimate or linux commandline?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    wow! even after doctoring the problem still persist... Do a full erase,another doc and make sure you're adding both files together before pressing the install button. If problem persist,try doing a doc to 1.40. Good luck.
    PS. 250-800 is not really recommended for the cpu,that's why palm have it at min 500. Make sure you keep it at 500-800mhz for better performance.
  5. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Are you running the second gen SPK and not the 1st gen, make sure it is the 2nd gen and it should work. How are you checking your frequency, cpuscalerultimate or linux commandline?
    I don't know which version it is- it's the one from this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ial-video.html

    I'm checking frequency using the linux command line as well as cpuscaler ultimate.
  6. #6  
    how are you suppose to no what gen. You have?

Posting Permissions