1.    #1  
    I do NOT have Yahoo messenger installed through preferences and accounts when clicking on the text message icon. I DID sign up for it through yahoo messenger online and put in my cell number so I get texts when people write me. Is this a huge battery drain? Or, is it only a battery drain when installed through SMS?
    Sorry if this is hard to follow but would love some help...
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  2.    #2  
    can someone help by chance. I know it a tough question
    thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    If you added your number through the IM program it isnt going to waste your battery anymore than receiving a text. I think the battery drain for using the SMS app for yahoo will come from having to locate a data network unless your using wifi which i think would be the optimal case for using the sms app to access yahoo IM
    Download & install Greg's messaging plug-ins. It will add Yahoo to your Pre's messaging->accounts. You'll see more battery drain when you connect to Yahoo via a data connection. Currently, getting your im's using Yahoo's SMS bridge is the solution with the least amount of battery drain.

Try Greg's plug-ins. They're free and you can always donate if you end up using them. If you don't like them then you can go back to using Yahoo's SMS bridge.
  5.    #5  
    thanks so much! So yahoos bridge uses less battery than adding the yahoo account through sms on the pre in preferences and accounts?
    That's correct. The sms bridge uses less because it isn't constantly using the data connection. The downside of the sms bridge is you can't see who's online easily and see your buddies statuses.