1.    #1  
    Hi I'm travelling abroad soon with my Palm Pre so I obviously want to avoid any data charges etc. What's the best way of disabling the data connection and so on so I don't get any unexpected bills?

Cheers,
    Scott
    Putting it in airplane mode
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Putting it in airplane mode
    I'd like to be able to make/receive calls/texts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
    Hi I'm travelling abroad soon with my Palm Pre so I obviously want to avoid any data charges etc. What's the best way of disabling the data connection and so on so I don't get any unexpected bills?

Cheers,
    Scott
    You can use the "Toggle Data in Device Menu" patch. Text messages won't work, unless your connected to a wifi service.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I had the reverse of your problem... data roaming was automatically switched off for me, it probably is for you as well.

Go into the phone app, hit your drop down menu on the top left of the screen, hit preferences and scroll down, you will see that you can enable/disable data roaming from here.

Happy travels!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post

Cheers,
    Scott
    Just thought I'd check, but if you're expecting to be able to get calls and texts, you know for sure that where you're going, they use CDMA? That didn't seem to be an option when I went to Europe once with my Sprint Palm Pre...
    besides china only a few other countries use CDMA, GSM is the norm.........
  8.    #8  
    Thanks all.
    I have a GSM Pre.