1.    #1  
    So some of you know I lost my pre on the 21st of April .. it was the 3rd replacement I had been on .. i was in a severe love / hate relationship with it and decided to ask sprint to switch me to a different phone ( since my upgrade was available in June anyways)

They allowed me to switch to a Samsung Moment .. it was awesome, amazing, ALMOST as cool as my palm pre .. but not quite .. the apps are not as good as well as several other things that I find to be annoying lol

My pre will be replaced tomorrow .. YAY .. im really hoping the quirky issues i was having can be resolved .. but overall, i am way happier with it
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Same, except I found the Moment to be completely terrible. Terrible screen, cumbersome keyboard, hard to navigate, and laggy as hell. It's getting sent back today and good riddance. I hope Android on the EVO is a more enjoyable experience, but I'm sticking with WebOS.
    glad your back pixielee.. Once your family your always family....
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    It took one moment for you to come back.
    *chuckles*
    Welcome back!
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I almost went the way of Android myself. Tried my sister's Moment and her husbands Hero. All I could think is "why do people always make a big deal about dumping their Pre for one of these."
    Overall, I prefer the Pre, but my wife's Moment has much better hardware quality and the GPS works substantially better.

There have been many times I wanted to throw my Sprint Pre out the window when it couldn't pick up a GPS lock on a cloudless day. I end up asking the wife to bust out the Moment and it locks instantly.
  8.    #8  
    thanks everyone!

funny, but my PRE GPS I found to be better than Moments .. true, on a cloudy day I do have difficulty sometimes connecting, but my moment has been WAY far off on finding my current location .. I use foursquare a lot and I will be sitting in the location (my home for example) and it tells me I am too far away from the location to count as a check in .. I also tried this weekend to use it for finding a store I was going to .. and the damn thing would not stay connected - it kept starting over from the beginning even though I was 20 minutes into the trip!

noooooow FEDEX is delayed because of the bad weather in the south and I may not get my PRE today ..

my stupid Moment has (again!) stuck itself into airplane mode and I cant get it out of it .. I cant use the phone at all and no one can get ahold of me .. REAL pain in the hiney (and funny even though Ive read thread after thread of this happening, sprint says they havent heard of it and its not a known issue ... go figure!)

*waiting impatiently for fedex with fingers crossed*
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

9.    #9  
    sooo a day late FEDEX finally came .. i went to the store to return the broken Moment and per customer services instructions i left it activated so they could see imaginary airplane mode :|

the store rep accidentally canceled my account and I had to wait over an hour on top of the hour it took to return the phone, to get it fixed .. then we activated my palm pre - YAY

yeah no .. on my 1st call today what happens, they cant hear me. I make some test calls and guess what, no one can hear me.

I spent over an hour again at the store while they fixed it

i swear i am in cell phone hell lol

Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Meh.

The Moment is a bad Android phone to try out. It's second class imo.
    I mean, Droid Incredible... Evo...

HTC's sense is the only thing that makes Android usable, especially with some of their new gestures on the home screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post

I spent over an hour again at the store while they fixed it

What was the fix?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    HTC's sense is the only thing that makes Android usable, especially with some of their new gestures on the home screen.

Sense is what links contacts, and calendars, Face-book, etc.. right?? New gestures as in swiping from right to left to go back?

Sense seems very familiar, I think I have see it on another device ::smile::
    My friend just got an Incredible...it was a nice device...though it wouldn't sway me unless I was upgrading from Android...still like WebOS too much, and I only have a Pixi - not even a plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I agree. If I had to go Android it would definitely be with an HTC that has Sense.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!