1.    #1  
    So, I keep hearing that Palm sold Verizon "this many" phones and then "this many"were actually sold to consumers and such and such blah blah blah (I obviously really hate business news articles...so much fluff)

Does anyone have a number on how many Web OS products are currently at this moment in time out there in the wild? Not just the Pre but the Pixi and the Plus versions.

Not just Verizon but Vodaphone and O2 and Bell and Sprint and Movistar and Telecell.

I just would love to hear a number like that there are "THIS MANY" people using a WebOS device at this moment in time.

If anyone has this info that would be great.
    Hopefully, the figure would be activated and in use phones only. Palm has sold a lot that are sitting on the shelf, and many more as replacements. Both of those contributes to bad numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    So, I keep hearing that Palm sold Verizon "this many" phones and then "this many"were actually sold to consumers and such and such blah blah blah (I obviously really hate business news articles...so much fluff)

Does anyone have a number on how many Web OS products are currently at this moment in time out there in the wild? Not just the Pre but the Pixi and the Plus versions.

Not just Verizon but Vodaphone and O2 and Bell and Sprint and Movistar and Telecell.

I just would love to hear a number like that there are "THIS MANY" people using a WebOS device at this moment in time.

If anyone has this info that would be great.
    I think there's about six, total.
  4.    #4  
    sometimes it does feel that way dbd....
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    sometimes it does feel that way dbd....
    lol
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I'm in Boston and the only time I've seen another Pre user is while in the Sprint Corporate Store. I know they're out there, but man, it's few & far between...
    I know that I have one and 3 guys at work have the Verizon one. So there's 4.

Also, there are at least 1500-3000 users on PreCentral.net at any given time. If half of them have one then we have at least 750 with Pre's.

Also, let's say that one person per Sprint store has a Pre... that means that there are at least 1500 more Pre's. Then let's say Verizon employees are represented the same way... that's 2000 Pre's....

Then, lets say that at least one other person they all talked to bought a Pre....

8508.... and oh what the heck... why don't we multiply that by 4....just because.....

Total Pre's purchased = 34032
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    They are over 1 million. Not sure by how much though.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I wonder about this too. I only know one other person who uses a Pre... it's sad. The Pre+ is the best $150 I ever spent. My sprint-pre using friend is pretty attached to her Pre too (but I still can't convince her to install preware or any patches... )
  10.    #10  
    Hey if shes happy without patches than let her be!

Dont fix something that aint broke.

In fact you might end up breaking something that didnt need fixing.

I've seen many a friendships dissolve due to over zealous hacking. Don't let it happen to you

Fight the addiction man.

In real news though, I think the Pre is probably around one million users.

Lets take Pogey Pre's number, 34,000 and add 50,000 because thats how many Pre's sold the first week on Sprint.

Then, lets add another 100,000 for Bell, and Mexico. Another 100,000 for all of the European networks combined.

Then multiply by 2 for every Pixi and Pixi Plus.

Then add the others that Ruby is secretly buying and stashing in his basement to make sure the stock didn't fall completely to zero.

That brings us to one million.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I took the girlfriend shopping this weekend; I've got a Sprint Pre and she a Pixi, and we saw a couple with the same setup from Verizon. They must have just gotten them because they were just walking around with their faces hunched over their phones. Cute stuff.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by magonzo View Post
    I took the girlfriend shopping this weekend; I've got a Sprint Pre and she a Pixi, and we saw a couple with the same setup from Verizon. They must have just gotten them because they were just walking around with their faces hunched over their phones. Cute stuff.
    I am no marketing person...but I always thought it would be a good ad to market the Pre and Pixi in a commercial with two people in love, and the girl has a Pixi and the guy has a Pre, and they would be taking pics of each other at a party or doing some other romantic crap together with some arty new-age post-alt underground band musics playing in the background.

Maybe they even meet cos one has a Pre and the other a Pixi.

People always fall for that lovey dovey stuff on tv.

I also think the phones make a sexy pair on their own together as is.