1.    #1  
    So today my power switch stopped working for an unknown reason... It wont respond to anything. Fortunately, my phone is currently on, but what can I do now? I tried the interactive tests, but they don't include the powerbutton for some reason... Anything I can try to fix it? Or is there any way to bring up the power off/airplane mode/reset menu without the button? and most importantly, is there a way to turn it on without the power button?
    As Zoolander would say: let me answer your question with a question of my own, did you try the Search tool before posting?

Ok, here's the answer to fixing this issue:

The answer is Yes there is an easy way to fix this if you don't want to waste your time with insurance or a Sprint store.

See this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/200339-power-button-issues.html#post2107269

Specifically look at "yordikins" post, he has step by step instructions. Its one of the most common problems with Pre hardware and easily the most fixable.

I do not recommend using tape or glue however...use a tiny piece cut from a rubber band.

Fixed mine 4 months ago and its working better than the day I bought it. Took all of 5 minutes.
    I just brought mine to the Sprint Store. Its a known issue. They fixed it for me in about 20 minutes

Good as NEW!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

they wouldn't fix mine they said it's a known issue but ordered a refurb anyway
    yeah, it's hardware problem. I had this happened to me several times, did not want to go to sprint store, just opened back cover, used a needle to pull the button, try to put some piece of rubber or smth like that, just adjust it's size, and it will be okay! My wife's phone is still okay, I wonder if original manufacturing phone button had a spring but I'm not sure did not open hers one in order not to lose the spring or whatever. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I put a folded piece of paper there. works good.
  7.    #7  
    this is great news! thanks for the quick response guys. I just placed an invisible shield on this too and would've hated to have to do it again.
    I tried the "self fix" could NOT for the life of me manage it, too tiny to work with.

I first went to a Sprint affiliate, and they too wanted to just replace it. I said no thanks, and went to an official Sprint Retail Store, with onsite repair capability. They took care of it pretty easily.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

9.    #9  
    OK bit of an update: The Technician left sick about an hour before I got to the store. My luck... So I pop open the button and I believe this is worse than I thought. I kinda thought may be the case since my button wasn't "stuck." I could press the button with a plastic fork(i broke 3 of the 4 prongs off), and felt it click, but no response... this doesn't seem good.
    My daughter dropped her Pre and tweaked the button and she fixed it by using the eraser trick that was posted in here. Been working great for a couple of weeks now.