1.    #1  
    My problem has never happened before, and just began completely out the blue Saturday night.. for whatever reason, my Pre will now randomly power completely off (not restart). I definitely can't attribute it to heat, because when it's happened, it's never felt remotely close to hot. The last thing I installed is the upgraded Super Kernel (and CPU scaler) but that was several days ago, and I haven't installed any patches in weeks.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Not sure what is causing it but I have replaced two pre's because of it. The first time I got a refurb then a week ago they gave me a brand new one no refurb. You can try doctoring or.................. go into sprint and get a new one! I am sure someone else will have a better idea.
    mine has done that before even when it was bone stock. Doesn't happen often, I just turn it back on. I don't think there's much ekse you can do about it. That being said, it doesn't bother me that much.
    maybe a loose battery?
  5.    #5  
    Now I can't even get it to turn on.. Ugh.. it stays stuck on the initial black Palm screen.

I was wondering if that might be it too, Spoonie.

I appreciate the other responses as well, guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
    Now I can't even get it to turn on.. Ugh.. it stays stuck on the initial black Palm screen.

I was wondering if that might be it too, Spoonie.

I appreciate the other responses as well, guys!
    this happened to me as well. Try taking out the battery and putting it back in with the battery cover OFF. Weird..i know, but it worked for me. Give it a go, maybe it will work for you too.
  7.    #7  
    Followed your suggestion and still can't get the phone to turn on.. incredibly frustrated since I've had so many hardware issues (power button broke, USB cover broke off, charger chord falling apart) in the mere 6 months I've had this phone..

Does anyone know of anyway to access the USB drive on there if at all possible? I'd really hate to have to lose my custom ringtones, pics, music, etc..