Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Does anyone know when the Palm Pre Plus will be launched in the UK on O2??

I know that it came out on January 25th in the USA, and also does anyone know why the UK has to wait for many months after the USA to ONLY get an O2 confirmation while it's already been released in many other countries?!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    It can't be long now, I'd imagine by the end of June you'll see both the Pixi and Pre Plus in the UK. This is only speculation.

Even Apple, who have 40 billion dollars in the bank stagger product launches. It's an expensive business that's a logistical nightmare.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    The only place you can currently get a GSM Pre Plus is in France. The GSM Pre Plus is not available yet even in the USA.

Like you, I'm hoping for a speedy resolution as my 02 contract runs out in five days.

Andrew
    should be soon...and i expect the c40 to be released in america a week or so after...palm likes screwing us like that
    it will come "soon", seeing as how Palm was going to go bust prior to HP stepping in
    I scanned this from the May edition of the o2 shop magazine. Maybe we will get it this month? Looks like Pixi Plus as it has wifi in spec.

The sales guy at o2 reckons they'll have these Pixi phones in stock around the middle of the month.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Still just looks like the ordinary Pre in the pictures. No Pre Plus.

Bugger.

Andrew
    Im not convinced that o2 should just be the exclusive carrier. The bloody phone company is so focused on the iphone its a joke. When they launched the pre there was a link on all the o2 pages towards the Palm Pre, now they have gone and the links for the iphone still remain.

I was hoping they would keep the Palm Pre but have that as pay as you go and then launch the pre plus. However if you have signed up for the 2 year deal when the original device launched is it likely that o2 will let you upgrade so early???
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Wardie, I agree entirely. O2 might want to be the home of the smartphone but they're just the home of the iPhone.

My contract has now expired and I feel really shafted. You can't really get the Pre Plus anywhere else off contract so I can't even get an X10 on contract to flog on ebay and purchase the Plus elsewhere. I'm sitting here paying over the odds with no Plus in sight.

O2, in the vain hope that you are listening, will you please just get the Pre Plus out.

With luck, HP will bring a bit more wit and ***-kicking.

Andrew
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Another week goes by and there's still no news on the Pre Plus in the UK....

Maybe next week. Fingers crossed.

Andrew
    haha the Palm Pre is stated as being "Best for Apps"

I love my Pre but honestly....
    Not sure why such a delay from o2. Unless they are so focused on getting rid of their stocks of the iphone before the new one comes out.

Just wish they would make the device unlocked as it would free up more people trying the device as it is clearly not enough of a draw for people to move from their current providers to o2.

It would be ideal to have a pre plus available, but I will be honest and admit my pre right now is a brillianty device and anyone thinking of getting one should go ahead....
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    haha the Palm Pre is stated as being "Best for Apps"

I love my Pre but honestly....
    It's not best for apps but there are some cracking apps on the Palm Pre now. Not enough of them mind.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter