1.    #1  
    I've been using the 800MHz patch via .sh file on my pre for idk a month? idk, it's been running great, haven't had issues with it. Is it still ok to use? I saw the thread was deletd when i went to search for it.

I don't feel like using the scaler because I have great battery life the way it is now and like it's said before, if it's not broken don't fix it lol...

I know i have to remove the patch before doing WebOS updates but until there is one is it still ok if to use the 800MHz sh file?

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    yeah, it's fine. I just recently switched over to the superkernal though.
    Yes, from all I have read it is still ok to use and SPK I believe is using the same basic kernel from 1.4

Of course SPK is no longer being supported or developed and it is possible if not likely that the next update may require a kernel change. There were some changes from 1.4 to 1.4.1 but it appears that the 1.4 kernel still works fine.

IMHO, you would be wise to switch to another kernel solution that is in active development sometime before the next WebOS update.
  4.    #4  
    what solution is active now i haven't even been keeping up w/ it, although i should lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I love 800 but I'm unable to run sprint naviagtion fro longer than 5-10 min without getting an overheat warning. Any suggestions?