1.    #1  
    I have been forever searching for an easy way to accomplish what seems to ME should be easy, yet, in applying logic as to what I have always done, I keep getting stuck.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish, and the associated problems in accomplishing it.

1. I want to take a photo with my Pre (easy so far)

2. Upload it "somewhere" (an FTP client would be oohhh soo sweet, but thats not happening.) I have a photobucket acct, a flickr acct and tons of website space

3. Get access to a link, easy enough to either know, or copy, and be able to enter that code to share that photo on any public forum I wanted to.

Here are the issues:

I can upload to photobucket or flickr, but cant seem to see from my Pre alone, where on those sites to find the link to copy.

IF I could simply upload to a website of my own, via ftp it would be a no brainer and I could do it as I always have, but alas that does not exist.

I just installed the Flickr upload app, and it works great to upload, but does not give any way/access to find a picture, get its link, and have it ready to drop into a post.

I have gone to Flickr website on the Pre, and cant for the life of me see where to get the URL info for a picture. I have gone to photobucket and other than having to navigate thru many screens, I can get to where I see the code, tap it, it says copied, but when I go to a forum to post it, and tap edit/paste, it does NOT paste. I have even tried to just paste it into a memo, JUST to see if Paste works, it does not.

Very frustrating, that something that in theory should be so easy, is not..

Any ideas/help here?

Thanks
    D.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I just copied an url from PhotoBucket and it work. When it says 'copied' it didn't really copy I just did Meta Tap+ C to copy the url that was already highlighted. I'm shocked there are no Photobuckets app since it's already a way to upload to.
    maybe the forums don't have that feature to add pics on mobile?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I just copied an url from PhotoBucket and it work. When it says 'copied' it didn't really copy I just did Meta Tap+ C to copy the url that was already highlighted. I'm shocked there are no Photobuckets app since it's already a way to upload to.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh!! duhh, well THAT was (sorta) easy.

Thats just stupid that it highlights and SAYS copied, when it really is NOT

OK, that is do able, from Photobucket, but what about Flickr? IS there a place on the Flickr site (mobile) that you can do that same thing

Thanks for pointing that out..

I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre