1.    #1  
    I know there was a thread somewhere with a similar title...however I'm having a problem that will not be solved by the most common method that was used.... Re-installing Novacom..

I had to use WebOS Doctor to try and fix my phone. When I tried to reinstall some IPK files using WebOS Quick Install, I was informed that "No Device Found." or something to that effect..
    So I deleted everything and reinstalled WebOS Quick Install from scratch...and still get the device error message...even though it's plugged in to the computer and is in Just Charge mode...

Now, the old method was to just reinstall Novacom...cause that seemed to ALWAYS be the problem..but, no matter how many times I do this, it will not work...
    Any thoughts? BTW...I haven't completely set up my email accounts on my phone yet...or all the passwords for my phone but that shouldn't have any issue with WebOS Quick Install, right?

I'm about to throw the freakin' phone out the window. I only used WOSQI because my phone went into permanent Headset Mode without actually even showing the headset logo...so I thought it was software issues, because no matter how many times I tried to fix it...it stays stuck in headset mode...which is strange considering I haven't used a headset since last year in September!!

Anyway...any thoughts why WOSQI won't recognize my phone?? Again...I just ran WebOS Doctor on it...so could that be the problem??
    Thanks so much!!
    Make sure your phone isn't connected when it reboots. That works for me...
    You did enable Dev mode again, right?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    heres a few things:

make sure phone is plugged into the back of the pc (my front ports don't work), if it is try another one in the back (it's possible it's broken)

go to device manager, and un-install novacom, restart, go to option under the file menu, and click "attempt Novacom (re) installation." restart if needed, let me know if still doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm having this same problem and nothing people are saying is working for me. I've followed all the steps and tried all the normal stuff like switching usb ports, making sure dev mode is on, etc. I remember that every single time I've used web os quick install I had to follow some directions I found elsewhere but I can't find them now. It involved downloading an application called Orca and getting into another program and deleting some part of it. Again, I can't remember where I saw this as it's been forever since I used quick install. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrburdet View Post
    I'm having this same problem and nothing people are saying is working for me. I've followed all the steps and tried all the normal stuff like switching usb ports, making sure dev mode is on, etc. I remember that every single time I've used web os quick install I had to follow some directions I found elsewhere but I can't find them now. It involved downloading an application called Orca and getting into another program and deleting some part of it. Again, I can't remember where I saw this as it's been forever since I used quick install. Any help would be appreciated.
    I did that, and it didn't help,so I did the steps listed above. Maybe it was a mix of both, who knows...
  7.    #7  
    Well...I feel pretty stupid because I've played with my Pre up and down for almost a year now. And the FIRST THING you need to do is...PUT THE PHONE IN DEVELOPER MODE!!!

I did NOT do that...so of course WOSQI doesn't recognize that the device is plugged in...

I forgot all about it because I had an app that kept my Dev Mode on at all times (if I wanted) or acted as just a switch instead of having to type in the code..

Try typing this...

"upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart"

I can almost GUARANTEE that you will be able to use WebOS Quick Install immediately aftewards... Actually, my phone had to restart...then I had to put it in "Just Charge" mode once again...and voila....I'm on WOSQI and downloading all the lost IPKs that I were trashed when I tried to use WebOS Doctor to fix my "headset mode only" problem...

BTW...that DID NOT work..and since I have a crack on my phone...they refuse to work on it forcing me, instead, to have to pay $100 for a replacement!! Yeah, right!!

Might be time for Verizon..even with the higher prices. I'm sick of Sprint and 10 years is long enough to be screwed by anyone..although I AM digging the mobile to mobile free thing!! That helps like you wouldn't believe. I'm able to go to the lowest Palm Pre plan (single) at $69 and always have minutes left over... I mean...who talks to landlines any longer, right??

And if I do....I use the office phone!!! Lol...or the home phone which I'm still wondering why I own one.. Oh yeah..DSL!!! ARRRGGGHH!!

And yet...the majority of the world doesn't have clean water...and I'm worried about my Palm Pre!! Sounds decadent doesn't it? And I'm also drinking out of a purchased water bottle because my tap water is not good enough??? Is that nuts or what?? Most countries don't have running water...let alone drinkable water...and we just waste ours by drinking overpriced designer water!!

Ooops...I just made a promise not even two minutes ago that I wouldn't make any more political stances on this site...and there I go again! Well...at least I didn't REALLY make a stance. Just pointed out some obvious stuff...that's all!

Good luck to you all. Remember....gotta be in Dev Mode for WebOS Quick Install to work! Duh!! I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID right now!! ha ha later
    unplugging all my usb devices worked for me - my logitech steering wheel caused this problem.
    It still comes up with ERROR< NO DEVICES CONNECTED. Someone please help, ive tried everything in every forum i see and still nothing, if theres another way to install it that would be appreciated, even if its really hard to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhurley View Post
    It still comes up with ERROR< NO DEVICES CONNECTED. Someone please help, ive tried everything in every forum i see and still nothing, if theres another way to install it that would be appreciated, even if its really hard to do.
    What are you trying to do?
    Try rebooting your computer (unplug your phone first) that worked for me.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I was never able to get it running on 1 of my machines so I just used a different one just to get preware on the phone. Not really a solution but if you have access to another machine give it a shot if all you want is preware. Might save you some headaches.
    I've been a long-time lurker here at PreCentral (and before that, at TreoCentral). I was always able to find an answer to my question(s) without posting, but tonight I'm stumped & not having a lot of luck.

I have the Phantom App problem that seems to be not uncommon. The optimum fix seems to be to use Internalz to fix the issue.

So, I installed WebOS Quick Install Version 3.14 tonight in order to get Internalz. However, when I try to install Internalz (or any other app), I get the following:
    "Error 1: Connection refused: connect"
    Then:
    "ERROR: No device found"

Then, I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to End Task because the dialog box continues to try to access the device, & the X in the upper right corner doesn't work.

I think Novacom did not install/download.

I do not have an option to connect the device in the Tools menu.

I've tried the Preware installer and get the following:
    "Unable to connect to Novacom. Check driver is running."

I am in Developer mode and charging.

I've re-started both computer & Pre, with an un-plugged USB & then plugging into a different USB port.

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit & have the most current version of Java.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--Julie
    I had the same problem and just went to another PC. Another option would be to uninstall everything and re-install Novacom separately. I have other machines available and wasn't willing to go through the work.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    This is making me insane. I am running 32 bit Windows 7 and WOSQI will not recognize my Pre Plus.

I have removed and reinstalled novacom.

I have updated my Java.

I have copied the Palm, Inc folder into the x86 folder (even though these instructions do not apply to me).

I have updated to 4.04.

I am in Developer Mode.

I cannot get WOSQI to recognize my Pre Plus. Anyone else having these problems? I am normally very good at searching the forums for what I need, but I'm not finding my answers today. I really should doctor my phone because:

- my Palm Backup isn't working anymore, and it would be nice if it did
    - Since my Palm Backup isn't working anymore and my profile has been deleted and the new Uberkernel has been released, I have no reason not to try to do the 2.1-on-a-Pre-Plus game.

BUT...if I doctor my phone or have to erase or whatever, I will not be able to reinstall Preware or do whatever (including the 2.1 magic).

Also, I have seen suggestions regarding running Ubuntu from a livecd or something like that. I don't even know what they're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    You did enable Dev mode again, right?
    This gets me every time!