Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

I was just browsing around on YouTube today and found that. Why in the hell did they not advertise THAT?! That was by far the best commercial I have ever seen for a phone. I'm dead serious.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    best I have seen also
    Cool commercial...but wish they had shown the card multitasking feature in some way.
    I remember seeing that before the Pre was released. And, I expect we'll be seeing that or better in the near(ish) future. What's held Palm back has been a complete lack of financial resources. With HP opening their purse strings, I suspect we'll be getting tired of seeing so many awesome webOS commercials.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    It just shows the phone. Honestly, first time i went to the Sprint store and i saw a Pre laying there, i thought it was an ugly pos. Them i played with it and saw the power of the phone.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I agree 1000%. This was on YouTube way before the Pre came out last year. This would have been a better ad to air than the Borg queen Max Headrom lady.
    Not sure this would've helped. The physical phone itself isn't really a great selling point. webOS is the big thing. Last summer I thought the Pre was actually kinda ugly... it wasn't until I started researching OS's and saw webOS in action that I came around and decided I liked the phone, including the hardware.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
  8.    #8  
    I believe this video is a great selling point. It presents it very well. It would have been great with follow up commercials just like the way Droid followed its own commercials up. This would is an extremely enticing ad. Cosmetically, I personally think the phone is very elegant and sexy compared to the cosmetics of the iPhone (the previous phone I had) and every other phone I've seen.
    the pre is fugly. I prefer the commercials with the card view
    That is a great advert.
    For those who think the Pre is ugly, please understand that it is your personal opinion. There are a lot of people who think the Pre looks excellent, including myself. There are people who think the Droid looks cool. I think it's one of the must **** ugly phones I've ever seen. I think the Pre is better looking than the iPhone as well, though the iPhone's metal case is attractive.

Issues like this are why there are so many phone choices. Just like cars, we all have different tastes (know someone who had an Aztec...THE most **** ugly cross over I have EVER seen!).
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    ... (know someone who had an Aztec...THE most **** ugly cross over I have EVER seen!).
    I'll second that opinion.

(We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress.)
    It's a pretty good commercial, but would have been better if it actually showed the phone doing the stuff it was talking about.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    OK I ran across this one in the side (related videos) links.... too funny not to post!!!!

My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I think its a good teaser commercial (i.e. if it was on TV in the weeks/months BEFORE the phone came out) to draw interest, but i stand firm that a commercial needs to show what the phone can do... Take a look at my Palmspot commercial ( ).. palm (and soon to be HP) needs to take that path and just show off the phone! thats my thought!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I think the visual is okay but the voice-over is definitely one of the best. If we layered the commentary on top of a Palm Pre that was doing the multi-tasking, synergy, etc the commercial would rock. I'm just very surprised that Palm overlooked this as an impactful and informative ad. Instead, we saw a bunch of monks running around in a field and this woman sitting on a rock.
    YOU THINK THE PRE IS UGLY?? what the hell have you been smoking.

Next you are going to tell me that the Droid, Evo and Lightning are good looking phones.

THOSE, are the most **** ugly phones I have ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    I think the visual is okay but the voice-over is definitely one of the best. If we layered the commentary on top of a Palm Pre that was doing the multi-tasking, synergy, etc the commercial would rock. I'm just very surprised that Palm overlooked this as an impactful and informative ad. Instead, we saw a bunch of monks running around in a field and this woman sitting on a rock.
    sigh... that is all too true! I still wonder what webOS could have been had this phone been marketed right and released on other carriers earlier. i guess we will never know, but just have to hope that HP can do right by webOS!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post

I was just browsing around on YouTube today and found that. Why in the hell did they not advertise THAT?! That was by far the best commercial I have ever seen for a phone. I'm dead serious.
    thats no better than borg lady if you ask me... it tells you nothing about the devices capability
  20.    #20  
    Ok, when I say the following, I'm just speaking from my experience and from what I've learned about advertising since I am a business major.

This commercial is an extremely effective teaser commercial. Teasers have been proven to be the most effective because it draws interest through mystery through the unknown (that's why the commercial is talking about the capability, but not showing it) which draws excitement. Hype is a better marketing tool than "let me just show you what it can do", but the hype through the mystery eventually has to go away, and when it does, you unveil what the beast can do since it is the best phone out there.

Remember the way Droid created hype before they showed what their OS could do? I remember everyone talking about it even though they hadn't even showed the phone/operating system yet. Even my father, who could not care less about phones, was talking about the Droid commercials. This is marketing at its finest and this is why it is effective.

Adam, if you don't mind, I'd like to give some constructive criticism towards your ad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast