Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I posted an earlier thread regarding this matter, and I am curious if there is any fix or anything I can do.

I think it was the 1.3.5 update that totally knocked out google maps. I would say on average that 70% of the time Google maps fails to load at all, or if it does, it takes a while to load. I never had an issue till the update came out. It gets real annoying, and I can't believe it takes this long to issue a fix, considering that the next update is set for late May/Early June.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm with ya - Google Maps has been DOA for me for some time. I can't say exactly when, but it simply doesn't load and will finally say there's no data connection available. And for all the scribes who think I may not know how to determine if I have a data connection - I'm well aware if my phone has a data connection or not.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiyoda View Post
    I'm with ya - Google Maps has been DOA for me for some time. I can't say exactly when, but it simply doesn't load and will finally say there's no data connection available. And for all the scribes who think I may not know how to determine if I have a data connection - I'm well aware if my phone has a data connection or not.
    I know my has internet connection, cause I am using yelp and surfing right before I try to load google maps, and I try again and again to load. There is no way that the data connection stops working right when I launch google maps, and considering that before 1.3.5 the app worked flawlessly, the data connection defense should be mute.
    google maps for the pre? What's that?
    Yea, I've been having some issues with my Pre and its Google Maps for some time now. It's just takes SO LONG to open! I don't have a solution, but thanks for verifying that I'm not crazy or anything xD
    I don't get why they don't make a version that loads the map onto your phone.

(it doesn't even have to be the whole map, just give me Vancouver, and i'm happy)
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    My google maps works fine(sprint v1.4.1.1). It's the acquisition times to get a fix on my exact location that's bugging me. But if I do the ##gps# first it work as it should.
    Google maps works fine for me (Sprint 1.4.1.1) but it does take 10secs before it finally loads.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...aps-broke.html

A quick search has got to be easier than typing a new thread.
    no, some issues are so bad they deserve all the threads that get vreated imo
    Day before yesterday, I could hardly get a fix at all. No matter what program I used (even my own!). Then, yesterday, GPS was working fine. I'm not sure what was going on.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Google maps works fine for me (Sprint 1.4.1.1) but it does take 10secs before it finally loads.
    Same for me, except mine loaded and found me in 7 seconds.
    I've noticed having problems with Google maps after installing the Google Latitude workaround app. This was last week. Ever since then, I've had problems just like you guys with GMaps taking a long time to open, and then telling me I have no connection.

Anyone else having issues and are using Latitude?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I have to agree. I don't bother loading it anymore. It's inaccurate, slow to load (if it loads at all) and has let me down on a number of important occasions.
    I have the same problem. I'm using Verizion on a Pre Plus. When I turn off WIFI it loads up just fine. G Maps stays in Latitude mode now all the time. I tried to remove the tweeks and still the same issue. Short of a complete reinstall - I'm not sure what to do, but am still trying to find a fix.
    I have sprint and fortunetly ,no problems w google maps. Need to use it atleast 3 times a week
    Gee, there are problems with GPS?
    it takes a while to load but it does if there is a strong enough data coverage.... i had to go into a store to collect a new sim card as my old one wasnt getting as fast a connection as possible with a new one....

check out the age of your sim card and see if you need a new one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    10 seconds? Takes closer to 30 seconds for Google Maps app to open on my Sprint Pre. This is actually a bit of an improvement from the last time I tried it about a month ago where it averaged 45 seconds or so.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    glad I found this thread. google maps on my sprint pre takes 30+ seconds everytime to open up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast