Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well to make a long story short I was in a corporate store Saturday getting my girl a new phone. The sales guy was a palm hater of course but he did tell me I could get a $100 credit for my Pre if I wanted to upgrade. Has anyone else heard of this offer for Pre's? If they suck so bad (according to the sales *****) why do they give you soo much money back to upgrade? My girl only got $12 for her LG rumor... hehe
    yeah I think if you trade in your old phone you can get a discount towards the new phone with Sprint...
  3.    #3  
    Well I hope it's still worth something when the new Palm phones hit Sprint.
    you can definitely get more on ebay. But i guess its easier
    Camera Fun! & Face Morpher
    My babies =)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    Well I hope it's still worth something when the new Palm phones hit Sprint.
    loving my palm pre... they just love to hate on us. lol
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    loving my palm pre... they just love to hate on us. lol
    I know and I would've happily educated him on the usefulness of my pre compared to his hero but I was only there for my girl and she would've been very upset if I'd gotten all "tech geek" on the sales person.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post
    you can definitely get more on ebay. But i guess its easier
    Not too much more. It is about $120-150. Once the Evo hits, I expect that to drop.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Does sprint charge tax on the entire price? (as in the $550)
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    No, just the sale price at the time of purchase.
    Sprint's website says the Pre's buy-back price is $63, not $100. https://secure2.sprintbuyback.com/consumer/

Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    Depends on what state you're in.
  11.    #11  
    That's strange since I was offered $100 for my Pre on Saturday in a corporate store. Maybe they were having a promo deal or something?
    That's strange since I was offered $100 for my Pre on Saturday in a corporate store. Maybe they were having a promo deal or something?
    Possibly...or maybe the represenative was incorrect in his price quote.
  13.    #13  
    Well he was looking at his computer screen at the time so I don't think he could've made a mistake like that. He was really trying to get us to buy an android though so who knows.
    online prices are cheaper in a lot of cases, reason to think they make it up in other areas. Stores have high over head, meaning it makes sense to offer store only deals and web only deals, this "drives" sales through which ever channel has the highest revenue for that particular deal.....
    if they give me 100 for it i will trade it for the EVO
    I hope it true too when and if(hopefully this summer) palm come out with a new device! Keeping my fingers crossed
    If they gave me $100 for my Pre on top of my upgrade discount I'd trade it in no prob.
  18.    #18  
    I'm waiting on the new Palm phone to use my upgrade. Can't see myself being satisfied with anything else at this point.
    No, just the sale price at the time of purchase.
    Actually, as ImmaSlave4U said, it depends on the state. Some states (such as CA) require that sales tax be calculated on the price BEFORE any instant savings. The problem is it is not a sales price, but instant rebate. This causes it to be treated differently depending on how the state tax laws are written.
    Depends on where you go and how many scratches it has. Some places will give anywhere from $65 to $95.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast