Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take a look at Gazelle.com if you want to sell your Pre.

Sprint Palm Pre (Good Condition with all accessories) = $108
    ^Are they like Best Buy where if it's not brand new then they consider it used and you get less money back? **** that...

Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    Can't see myself being satisfied with anything else at this point.
    Very sad but true...
    Just was paying my bill at the Sprint store and decided to ask what the buy-back price was for the Palm Pre and looked it up and said "$63 dollars".
    I was at a sprint store this morning for 3 hours trying to get a defective phone jack issue resolved...which sprint wanted $117 to fix.

now I am waiting on palm to email the shipping info so I can send it to them and have them fix it under the 1yr warranty for free...have 50 days left.

anyways the sales guy mentioned this morning that they will buy back the pre for $63... This is in alabama. I am also a month away from my premier uphrade eligability... Hope the next palm/hp product has a more robust headphone jack.

I take great care of my stuff. Even the sales staff commented on how my phone looked brand new.

gotta get that awful high-pitched squeel/massive distortion issue solved. It started amonth ago and now even does it without the headphones being plugged in.

I will gladly sell this back to them combined with the $150 off to get some better hardware! Love webos though.
    Do they take phones that are in bad condition? My Pre has a million hairline cracks and I don't think anyone would buy it. I'd love to be able to get $100 towards a theoretical Pre 2.
    Sprint FrankenPre 2
    webOS 2.2.4
    Verizon donor
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Assimilator87 View Post
    Do they take phones that are in bad condition? My Pre has a million hairline cracks and I don't think anyone would buy it. I'd love to be able to get $100 towards a theoretical Pre 2.
    I just popped over the www.sprintbuyback.com

The current buy back price of the Sprint Palm Pre is $54.00. They also buy other carriers phones, so the Verizon Pre Plus is $60. AT&T isn't listed with the Pre Plus as an option.

The FAQ mentions that if the unit isn't directly resalable (after testing), it is scrapped for parts to repair other units or repaired from other scrap parts, so it seems even damaged units qualify.

[edit] just checked out the general lot on ebay, working phones go for $100+, broken phones are ~$40 when the bid closes.
    Last edited by Honis; 07/01/2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: new information
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Currently:

Sprint buyback: $54
    Gazelle.com: $69
    Ebay: $100-$150
    Craigslist: $50-$200

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    I remember reading about this program a while ago. Does anyone know if they'll let you combine several older (no longer used) phones as well? I have a cellular graveyard that I want to get rid of.

I'm just hoping that whatever the next gen Pre is that it is still compatible with the Touchstone. Got them at home and work, don't really want to buy a TS 2.0 for a new phone.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I think the idea here is they have a pretty good trade in value until it has been a year on the market. I was really amped to go in to Best Buy where I bought my Pre, as their 'Dealtree' site was showing like $113 for trade....but just checked a couple days ago and it was like $50 or less....that's how they get ya (as the rednecks say).

Once they know the Sprint one year upgrades are available, they don't want to pay as much cuz they know you will get a new device for next to nothing. #conspiracy

Oh well, these new devices are definitely well worth $200 although maybe I need to hold on to one of them for more than a year sometime! LOL
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdini View Post
    I remember reading about this program a while ago. Does anyone know if they'll let you combine several older (no longer used) phones as well? I have a cellular graveyard that I want to get rid of.

I'm just hoping that whatever the next gen Pre is that it is still compatible with the Touchstone. Got them at home and work, don't really want to buy a TS 2.0 for a new phone.
    They'll buy back any phone, but non-smartphones that are over a year old only garner a few dollars.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    They'll buy back any phone, but non-smartphones that are over a year old only garner a few dollars.
    Yep, my girl turned in her lg Rumor for a rumor touch and she got a whopping $15 towards her new phone.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    The Palm pre and pre+ are currently 5$ on sprint's buyback program. That sounds rally low for the value you get in the palm pre. What's wrong with sprint?
    I was at a store last week getting my 3rd replacement Pre, and they looked up the Sprint buyback program, and it showed $5 for the Pre. Not $100, but 5.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12