1.    #1  
    for my pre plus, will it prevent it from getting the crack by the usb port? this is the only thing worrying me about getting the phone
    to prevent a crack in the usb you need a touchstone and noT a case!
    A case isn't going to prevent the USB crack. It will protect the rest of the phone though
  4.    #4  
    so if i get the touch stone i wont get the usb crack? is that waht ur saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by evanderlongoria View Post

Well, if you think about it... If you have a Touchstone, you don't need to open the USB cover since the Touchstone can charge but I don't know if it can transfer data.
    yes, im telling you for experience... i had the usb crack in my first phone, now i have my replacement and i also bough the touchstone ... when i called to ask for my replacement palm told the major cause of the crack is for open and closing the usb tap!
  7.    #7  
    ok thanks so much!
    im getting this phone on thursday when i get paid!!!!
    i cant wait, been following since months before the sprint release and finally im able to do it!!!
    the crack probably comes from plugging stuff into the usb port. Using a touchstone means not having to plug the phone in directly, reducing the frequency of putting stress on the surrounding plastic.

If you are really careful, the USB plug shouldn't cause a crack... but the touchstone means no stress at all..
    ok thanks so much!
    im getting this phone on thursday when i get paid!!!!
    i cant wait, been following since months before the sprint release and finally im able to do it!!!
    is a really nice phone , with some really nice features, we hope you like it and enjoy it as we do!
  10.    #10  
    thanks for the replies i appreciate it!
    Touchstone is the easy way to go but I'm on my 2nd Pre and I've avoided the screen crack on this one by making sure that the plastic door does not get caught when I plug something in to the usb.

I charge the phone every night via usb and have done so for months with no cracks at all.
    hmmm, I have been using my usb port for charging and hooking to my computer for 8 months now, and I have no cracks.... I must be really lucky..... Or maybe I just don't pry the cover open with a screwdriver.... To open the usb cover, slide the phone open, it's so easy....
    Get a touchstone and download and install

Wifi Media Sync (Windows only) app.

from the catalog.

Install Internalz to be able to delete the files you syncd to it right on the phone (its a file manager app)

Its $10 but then you will NEVER have to open the USB cover (unless doing patches and stuff)
    i've had my phone since november and still havent seen any cracks near the usb door...and i dont use a touchstone. as long as you're careful (as you should be with any expensive device) it wont crack. the touchstone is a great device but fearing a usb door crack shouldnt be a huge concern and factor for getting a touchstone. with that being said...i would get one just cuz it's cool lol
    Check out Radio Shack. I just scored about 2 hrs ago.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tuff-sale.html