Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    so my phone had the annoying usb door crack and was heading towards the screen so I took advice from fellow precentral mates, popped the power button off and headed to sprint which they ordered me a refurb, 3 days later I pik up the refurb, leave the store and phone could not pik up sprint signal, returned to sprint with the issue and the staff was like "just give him anew pre" seconds later the phone started working fine so off they sent me...soo close but what I need help with is this..anybody know a way I can return this phone with a claim that can make them replace my phone again?..i already used the "broken power button" so any other ideas!
    Why do you want another refurb if the one you have works fine?
    deal with the refurb, if it's working fine what's the problem??
    Also wanted to say that a "new" Pre isn't guaranteed to be better then a refurb. If your current phone works fine, then you're good to go.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    nah, the guy that helped me said "if you have any more problems, bring it bak and I'll give you a new one", the refurb I have now works fine but the slider is loose, especially in the open position and I heard that sprint is giving out not just the new phone but new battery as well which would be great since my battery seems to die faster than usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramircat View Post
    nah, the guy that helped me said "if you have any more problems, bring it bak and I'll give you a new one", the refurb I have now works fine but the slider is loose, especially in the open position and I heard that sprint is giving out not just the new phone but new battery as well which would be great since my battery seems to die faster than usual.
    The reason your battery is dying so quick right now is because it's a new one. This is normal for all new and refurb devices. Give it a few days and the battery life will be much better.

I'm also pretty sure that Sprint is using the same batteries. The only change regarding the battery was the insertion of a foam pad to hold it tighter to the terminals. This was to prevent the phone from rebooting when closing the slider hard.
    then we wonder why phones cost so much..... Because us honest people are paying for replacements that are not warrented.... I have forwarded this thread to sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    then we wonder why phones cost so much..... Because us honest people are paying for replacements that are not warrented.... I have forwarded this thread to sprint
    thats kinda lame
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I disagree, although I love my pre and have been a palm fan for years (zire 72, tungsten T3, Treo 650) I believe I overpaid for subpar hardware, I'm a huge fan of palm as I left an iphone 3GS to get my pre but the fact of the matter is that these phones aren't greatly built, all I want is a phone that functions correctly, 1st phones speaker blew, second refurb headjack went out, 3rd refurbs antenna was faulty, if sprint and palm are giving out new phones to customers to deplete unwanted inventory then why not give it a try, atleast I know it'll work good hopefully till the next palm device which I intend to purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramircat View Post
    I disagree, although I love my pre and have been a palm fan for years (zire 72, tungsten T3, Treo 650) I believe I overpaid for subpar hardware, I'm a huge fan of palm as I left an iphone 3GS to get my pre but the fact of the matter is that these phones aren't greatly built, all I want is a phone that functions correctly, 1st phones speaker blew, second refurb headjack went out, 3rd refurbs antenna was faulty, if sprint and palm are giving out new phones to customers to deplete unwanted inventory then why not give it a try, atleast I know it'll work good hopefully till the next palm device which I intend to purchase.
    Just because you are frustrated doesn't mean that returning a working device just to get a new doesn't mean it's still not fraud.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    well the software may be working fine but the phone feels as if someone has been in it which of course it has, the slider operation is noticeably harsh, even friends that use it say so, also it has horrible play when open as it wobbles as if loose, also I am not frustrated, I take every issue/replacement as it comes, I'm not trying to takes palms money god knows they need all they can save, I'm just trying to get a product that works and doesn't feel like it's been dropped all the time.