Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Is there a simple way to duplicate a contact into another contact list and link the two?

I have several contacts in Exchange and Several in Google which I would like to have in both systems. I know I can retype the contacts in the other list and then link, but I wonder if there is a simple "duplicate to Google" or "duplicate to Exchange" type command.
    Don't do it on the Pre. Both of those two systems have export and import features. Use those instead. Export both first (or you'll have a mess), then import them each into the other system.

The Pre really isn't set up to do what you're talking about. It's not a sync system, it's more of a compilation system.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    OK. Thanks. But how do I import/export a contact?
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    OK. Thanks. But how do I import/export a contact?
    In Gmail, go to the contacts section. You should see some options for import/export. Export your contacts into a CSV file first. Then, you can import that into exchange.

I have never used exchange, so I can't help you with the details for that. Sorry.

thesnowdog
    are you using outlook on your exchange server? I don't know how to do it off the top of my head, but I can check and post back tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    are you using outlook on your exchange server? I don't know how to do it off the top of my head, but I can check and post back tomorrow.
    Thats OK. I am using outlook at work.

I already knew how to export from Google and won't find exporting from Exchange difficult. I was just trying, on individual contacts, to have the contact in two different lists.

I don't want to import all my Google contacts into Exchange and I don't want all my Exchange contacts in Google.

I'll just retype those I want in both places.
    depending on volume, you could always export, then edit the file before import into the other program. If you have enough from either system this may be quicker than retyping.
    I think you just have to copy/paste the info. into a new unlinked contact made under either Google or Exchange (whichever one you want to make) and then, when you're done pasting all the info. into the new contact, link the contacts to the pre-existing one. That's what I did when I wanted four of my Palm Profile contacts in my Google contacts. (Remember, if you want a photo showing up in Google contacts, you have to do it to the unlinked Google contact, since you can't edit the Google contact once it is linked, only if it is unlinked.)