1.    #1  
    Hi,

i read so many posts about overclocking the pre to 800mhz. But which method and which patches are the best referring to stability and Temperature?
    (Super Pre Kernel, Uber Kernel, ...)

regards
    mat
    Quote Originally Posted by muster2010 View Post
    Hi,

i read so many posts about overclocking the pre to 800mhz. But which method and which patches are the best referring to stability and Temperature?

(Super Pre Kernel, Uber Kernel, ...)

regards
    mat
    Depends on if you have a sprint or verizon cell I heard of no problems with SPK on sprint even thou you are still going from a 1.4.1 kernel to a 1.4.0 kernel. On the pre+ verizon cells it brings back the keyboard double letters bug.

the way I see it if you have 1.4.1 there is no reason you should go back to a 1.4.0 kernel. So I suggest the UberKernel or UnixPsyhcos kernels but his are bleeding edge and not as stable as uberkernel.
    Running the Super Pre Kernel - runs great, absolutely no problems, easy to load and use, read and watch the video and you can't make mistakes. Especially good for people who are relatively new at making changes on system.
    I'm on Sprint running the SPK 800 with the CPU Scaler Ultimate 500/800 with no probs. I would def suggest installing the 'device temp warning patch' to monitor temp of course. My battery life sux but that's just the reality of this machine. Take the plunge my man it's so worth it! It reanimates your excitement of the device to new levels...
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I am running the Uber Kernal and Govnah. Took a little bit to understand how to use the different settings, but I use the 'screenstate' with good success. No locking up so far and battery life seems improved. I used the commandline to check CPU freq when the screen is turned off and it is indeed at the lower freq to save battery. I like the Govnah's dynamic launcher icon that shows the temp.

Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1.
    i'm on verizon 1.4.1...i waited until that update to do any major patches etc. too bad i missed the whole 1.4.0 /1.4.1 difference with the kernels. i only got the double type issue a couple times befre (i thought user error was more likely) i'm running SPK at 800 and cpuscaleruber 250-800. my pre is really fast...much faster than my wife's completely stock pre+ on vzw with 1.4.1 after reading the SPK will not be developed further i'm strongly considering uber-scaler and govnah for my wife's pre+....might as well have one running each kernel for comparisons sake.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Running Super Pre Kernel on both my Pre and my wife's Pre (both Sprint) and it's awesome! It's super fast, but just as important, it's VERY stable!! Also, so easy to install!
    Palm Pilot III > V > Vx > m505 > Kyocera 6035 > Samsung i300 > i330 > i500 > Palm Treo 700P > 755P > Centro > and now (2) first day available Palm Pre's (Sprint)
    take it from a guy that use them all, i like super pre kernel, had at 800mhz, very stable very easy to use, but my battery life was getting worst, so after i uninstall that program i picked up the Uber Kernal and Govnah, now i had to get use to it, play a round with it,,,, i thought scaling from 500mhz when the screen was off to 800mhz when the screen is on,,, was the best, i thought wrong it was acting weird, but found the key 600-800 best thing long battery life and got the speed... best of both world,,,and most important not acting weird at all,,,,,oh i have sprint! best plain out of all the carriers ,,lol