1.    #1  
    Heres a weird idea: Customizable back covers for the pre, and pixi. Kind of like this: Palm Pixi Artist Series | Palm USA but letting you create your own designs. Have alot of premade ones, where you could easily modify, or/and have the ability to create them from scratch with easy to use online tools. They could even turn this into a store sort of thing ,where designers make them, and then people buy them off of palm, and palm gives them a cut. They could also create custom theme tools, and do the same thing. So you could totally modify your phone.

Nike gained alot of popularity by doing this for their shoes, h-palm can be the first to do with phones. Personally i like it plain black, but i know alot of people would enjoy giving it that custom look.

thoughts?
    yeah palm would never sell like Nike ID
    The Zune HD offers this, custom colours and even lazer etched art, custom or from a huge gallery.

Didn't really take off much.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Heres a weird idea: Customizable back covers for the pre, and pixi. Kind of like this: Palm Pixi Artist Series | Palm USA but letting you create your own designs. Have alot of premade ones, where you could easily modify, or/and have the ability to create them from scratch with easy to use online tools. They could even turn this into a store sort of thing ,where designers make them, and then people buy them off of palm, and palm gives them a cut. They could also create custom theme tools, and do the same thing. So you could totally modify your phone.

Nike gained alot of popularity by doing this for their shoes, h-palm can be the first to do with phones. Personally i like it plain black, but i know alot of people would enjoy giving it that custom look.

thoughts?
    Hop over to zagg.com and they will create a custom skin that will do the same basic thing. Not as cool as paint or etching, but a better job of protecting the phone and looking cool.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Hop over to zagg.com and they will create a custom skin that will do the same basic thing. Not as cool as paint or etching, but a better job of protecting the phone and looking cool.
    I don't want that.. I like my pre how it is. I'm just saying it would be a popular feature to have. Palm doesn't even have to make it themselves. IT can be with a third party partner, but they need to have it on palms site. Palm should offer the backplate for cheap, like 5 dollars.Painted It could be sold for 20-25 dollars. At that price point it would be extremely popular.

Verizon would make the pre such a great mothers day phone, if you could put a picture on it. (yes, i went back to the mothers thing)