Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I hope this is the right place for this.

I bought a Pre Plus second hand and I'm having trouble activating it. It's on Verizon, so I can activate the phone using their (VZW's) website no problem. However, the final step is to dial *228 to program the phone over the air. However, on the Pre Plus (my first WebOS phone, so please forgive my ignorance), I am prompted to start a new profile, which of course requires data service to complete. I cannot access the regular home screen or dial pad to dial *228, my only phone options are 911, and "customer service" which in this case is #611. I have done a master reset using WebOS Dr to the same results.

Am I missing something here? Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm looking forward to learning (I have a lot to learn apparently) about this phone and OS...

Thanks
    Rob
    You have to have a Palm Profile to activate the phone, therefore, you have to have a data plan with Verizon. I heard there is a hack you can do to get around this, maybe do some searching on here.
    I had a similiar thing happen when I acivated my new Pre Plus on Verizon. I ended up having to call and have them enable Data for it.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I understand its a smartphone and requires a data plan, just not sure how you are supposed to be able to activate the phone. The profile setup requires data usage, but the only way to activate the data usage is with the *228, which I cant do.

Kind of a PIA compared to other phones.