1.    #1  
    I'd be curious to hear from the overclockers on what combination of patches, kernels, apps, tweaks, rounds of wedge, etc. will make the Verizon Pre as fast as it can possibly be.

As for me, I'm running the new Uber Kernel & Govnah, Faster Card Animations patch (hyper), Wrap Pages and Unthrottle Download Manger.

I feel like I have a pretty fast setup at this point. But like any NASCAR crew chief, I'm looking for the ultimate setup to make this baby fly like they do in Talledega.

Post your setups here Pre-Crew Chiefs.

Thx!!!
    Sounds like your right up there with Jeff Gordon tonight. LoL
  3.    #3  
    HA! Never thought I'd be compared to Jeffy, but tonight he's looking like the man since Kyle's fallen off the pace.
  4.    #4  
    Wonder what else can be done to increase speed and performance?
    This is what i use.

The Super PreKernel (:... I want to try something else though. It works wonderful for me but would like to try something new.

Does the Unthrottle Download Manger do anything for you?
  6.    #6  
    That's a good question about Unthrottle. I'm honestly not sure. It should, but I can't say for certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddfoutz View Post

I feel like I have a pretty fast setup at this point. But like any NASCAR crew chief, I'm looking for the ultimate setup to make this baby fly like they do in Talledega.

Post your setups here Pre-Crew Chiefs.

Thx!!!
    You could start by having someone knock out your front teeth. (I'm sure someone will be willing, Chief)

Next you could start (continue) relations with your sister.
    Yeah i read somewhere it really helps drain your battery.. i would look into it a bit more.

But i think the SPK is the best thing right now. That's just what i prefer.
  9.    #9  
    I was running SPK, but since I've upgraded to 1.4.1.1, I have tried both and believe that the Uber Kernel is indeed faster/smoother than SPK. Just my observation/opinion.
    Really. Hmm Got me thinking now to change lol. I really like the fact that SPK is really simple and easy to use. Im not really Familiar with the Uber Kernel & Govnah.

Should i give it a try?
  11.    #11  
    It's easy enough to use SPK to bring your Pre back to factory pristine kernel, then uninstall. Follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals to install the Uber Kernel. Use Preware then, afterwards, to load the Govnah, which actually controls the Uber Kernel. Set the Govnah to "screenstate" (my pref) and you will be set at 500MHz when the screen is dark and 800 Mhz when the screen is on. It's that simple. Plus, you can monitor device temp directly from the Govnah. Check it out ...
    Ill give it a try right now. Thanks
    I got a question for you, Whats the difference between Screenstate and Performance.
  14. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Performance just selects the maximum set rate all the time.

Screenstate speeds up and slows down based on the state of the display screen.
    you could underclock it to 125 mhz, that'd be nascar speed .
  16.    #16  
    ~bump~ Any more thoughts on making your Pre lightning fast?

I think it would be cool to setup a contest to see who has the fastest Pre. If we could come up with some measurement stats that people could legitmately post, it would very cool to see who has the fastest Pre in the forums.

Thoughts?