1.    #1  
    Anybody have a problem where the USB drive just clears itself? I plugged my phone in last night, had the alarm set and when I woke up I found that the alarm never went off (woke up late). Then I looked and the default wallpaper was on, my apps are gone, photos gone, videos gone, etc. My contacts/messaging history are still there, but everything else is missing!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    maybe you sleep walked and ran webOS dr.

some one creep-ed through your window while you was asleep, and changed you phone it order to gain access to all your naughty pictures. and thanks to 1.4, possibly videos.. j/k
  4.    #4  
    Amazingly enough I actually tried figuring out if I could've done it while sleep walking, but I don't think I'm quite that skilled yet! Seems kinda strange for a phone to just randomly clear the USB but I can't think of what else could've happened. Not a huge deal, all I truly lost was some pictures of my neices/nephews that I can't get back but even those I may have backed up somewhere. Just thought I'd put up a thread and see if anyone's heard of this happening, maybe a virus in an app or something. Live and learn, I'll be sure to back everything up every few weeks if there's anything important.
    Quote Originally Posted by etherealwi View Post
    Anybody have a problem where the USB drive just clears itself?
    Are you using any of the overclocking apps?
  6.    #6  
    Nope, haven't modded it at all as of yet
    Quote Originally Posted by etherealwi View Post
    Nope, haven't modded it at all as of yet
    Ok...I remember reading where someone had the same problem and they were overclocking. The question of overclocking contributing to the issue came up.

Not sure what the problem could be but so far I've seen 2 people report the same thing, yourself (without overclocking) and another person (with overclocking.)
    I have had data loss recently too, mainly in the form of saved games and app settings. I do use overclocking modifications.

It's quite worrying, I'm beginning to mistrust my phone. I'm gonna full erase and doctor it and I would recommend the OP does the same.