1.    #1  
    New Pre Plus owner here, with a basic quick question.

When I'm charging the phone on the Touch Stone, I would like to place the phone horizontal. Is there a way the charging clock can be horizontal as well? Or am I stuck with it in the vertical position?

Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I was just thinking of this last night! Patch please!!
    Leave the phone on with the clock app open, and the clock app display will go horizontal with the accelerometer. The screen is on when the phone is on the Touchstone anyway.
    I think he was talking about when the pre is idle in the horizontal position on the touchstone. the clock app will go horizontal based off the accelerometer, but once the pre times out on idle and go to the dime screen, then it goes back to vertical.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. I should have explained better.

So, any ideas? Or wait for a patch?
    I personally wish the clock app could be used as the lock screen. I like the look of the digital clock better than the clock on the lock screen, especially when horizontal.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I personally wish the clock app could be used as the lock screen. I like the look of the digital clock better than the clock on the lock screen, especially when horizontal.
    +1000000

I don't know why Palm made the trouble to make a clock app (with a very nice visual look) and then decide to use a crappy clock. And it doesn't take advantage of the accelerometer. Weird.

Now that the AT&T phones are being sold with a touchstone there will be more people that notice this. Maybe in webOS 1.5...

Or a Patch???
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Me too... This would be an awesome patch!
    +1 it was poinless to do so much to the clock app if when on the ts it reverts to the lock screen clock. Hopefully along with 1.5 they throw this in. If a patch comes out before they do this I'll welcome that as well, but I assume it would be a lot of work to even get that to work like we want.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I usually fire up Pong Clock before I set it down (for what I expect to be a long time). It's landscape only and doesn't let the screen lock.

Until a patch is released I suggest grabbing Nodoze (from Preware). I know it's a work around but will get the job done. I'm currently combining it with Pandora and Rainy Mood (Rainy Mood being the top card).
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I just ended up buying timepiece. It was a buck or 2, but worth it because it does what you say, and allows you to wake up to Pandora.
    Don't take my word but the clock on the idle page is buried pretty deep in the code. I'm sure it's possible to create a landscape version, but it seems difficult.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Found a way to have clock display horizontal on the touchstone.
    You will need to install "Mode Switcher" Link

Open it and select "Add Custom Mode"
    Enter a unique name. I was real creative with "Clock on Touchstone".
    Change auto start to Immediate
    Change auto close to Immediate
    Open Settings, select "always on"
    Open Apps, select Clock
    Open Triggers, set to No Blocking, all unique, and Charger event "touchstone" and "no delay".
    You can select use banner or disabled for Notify
    Set Activated slider to "on"

Place phone on touchstone and it should open clock and display according to phone orientation.
    Last edited by Knucklehead; 05/17/2010 at 02:15 AM.