1.    #1  
    I just downloaded the trial version of CompanionLink for Google. I want to sync my Palm Desktop with Google. I am having trouble configuring it. It does not list Palm Desktop as an option for Contact Manager. Customer support is closed until Monday. Anyone else have this issue? Help!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    It should just be on the list.

There is some logic that requires you have Palm Desktop installed. It looks in the registry.

What version of Palm Desktop are you using? What OS (i.e. XP, Vista, 7?)

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
  3.    #3  
    I am using Palm Destop 4.1.4 but the trial version only lists Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express as options for Contact Managers. It is also keeps asking me for my Google password over and over again. I am using Vista.
    Last edited by lrich524; 05/01/2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: left out info
    there are several different versions. I have companion for google that I purchased and it works awesome. However hence the name google, it is for google contacts. It will continue to ask for you google password. You probably need a different version.
  5.    #5  
    It keeps asking for the Google password and then has me verify the characters displayed, then it goes back and asks for password again, then verify the characters again, and keeps cycling like that.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Repeatedly asking for Google means a) You have a connection problem, or b) Password is wrong, or c) Google is rejecting login for some reason.

Best way forward: Do a password reset in Google. Then set the new login and password in CompanionLink. Take special care to insure correct spelling on the login value. For instance, for me gmail uses two different login ID's for one account and they have different passwords.

Does your PC use a proxy (i.e. is it a work computer or one where internet is blocked for many programs)? If so, you may need to add "CompanionLink.exe" to the list of Proxy approved applications.

I hope this information helps. Tech support will be able to help you easily tomorrow. They will have you create a log, which will log the exact internet transaction.

Also - the list of applications that displays for CompanionLink for Google is Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Palm Desktop. It should be the third option.

I hope this information helps.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    Quote Originally Posted by Clcto View Post
    Repeatedly asking for Google means a) You have a connection problem, or b) Password is wrong, or c) Google is rejecting login for some reason.

Best way forward: Do a password reset in Google. Then set the new login and password in CompanionLink. Take special care to insure correct spelling on the login value. For instance, for me gmail uses two different login ID's for one account and they have different passwords.

Does your PC use a proxy (i.e. is it a work computer or one where internet is blocked for many programs)? If so, you may need to add "CompanionLink.exe" to the list of Proxy approved applications.

I hope this information helps. Tech support will be able to help you easily tomorrow. They will have you create a log, which will log the exact internet transaction.

Also - the list of applications that displays for CompanionLink for Google is Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Palm Desktop. It should be the third option.

I hope this information helps.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    It's pretty impressive when the company's CTO spends time on the weekends helping us in public forums.

That's a good selling point for Companion Link...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It's pretty impressive when the company's CTO spends time on the weekends helping us in public forums.

That's a good selling point for Companion Link...
    Oh, I'm on a mission, Cant! I haven't had this much fun in years.

All these Android and iPhones are great works of technology but poor business devices. I have a clear vision now that CompanionLink can make these phones be much better business devices. First we need to make them do all the great stuff Palm OS did. Then, once we get that done, we'll push forward to what Android CAN ALREADY DO with mapping and voice technology. I'd like to push our sync capability so that the phone is an active part of your work flow in the office, and out of the office.

Step by step we are working on DejaOffice and related products. We're going to push these updates out the door over the next few months. Watch for frequent updates.

When you have a great vision, and know that it will save time and enhance productivity for many people, it becomes Fun.

Hope you are having fun too!

Wayland
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Yup. I can vouch for these guys. They helped me troubleshoot a nasty bug in my contacts trying to sync to Palm desktop.
    Did not see in 'Step by step we are working on DejaOffice and related products" Webos in there... However, Companion is working well with my Palm Desktop 4.1., so my Sony Clie is always in sync with the phone...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    For now we are focused on iPhone and Android.
  12.    #12  
    The problem was that I was using an older version of palm desktop. Tech support was very helpful and told me to download Palm Desktop 6.2. Seems to have solved the problem and everything is working so far
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lrich524 View Post
    The problem was that I was using an older version of palm desktop. Tech support was very helpful and told me to download Palm Desktop 6.2. Seems to have solved the problem and everything is working so far
    That's odd. I've been using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 with CompanionLink since August 2009 without any problems. I absolutely hate version 6.2. No colours in the calendar, extremely buggy and prone to freezing up constantly.

If I were you, I would revert back to Palm Desktop 4.1.4 and save yourself the headaches. CompanionLink is fully compatible with 4.1.4. Not sure why tech support wanted you to upgrade to a less reliable version of Palm Desktop. Can you tell that I HATE v.6.2? I could go on forever. That version of the desktop is

That's my two cents. But, hey, if v. 6.2 is working for you () then who am I to **** in.