View Poll Results: How do you feel about your pre/plus device now?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excited: Can't wait to see what HP/Palm has planned for webos.

65 83.33%
  • Somewhat Excited: Happy for PALM and HP merger,but a little skeptic about hp.

12 15.38%
  • Not happy at all: I believe HP will change Palm in ways I might not like.

1 1.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm loving mines even more now!
    Since the update to 1.4.1.1 fixed the typing errors (for the most part) and I got all the patches in I want (including the overclocking), its perfect.

ET
    It keeps getting better and better. I had to get 3 replaced due to the keyboards but with the latest update that should no longer be a problem.

Tha only thing is GPS. It has more to do with VZW but I hate how they expect you to pay for VZNavigator on top of the data plan.
    I'm more optimistic about the viability of webOS. I still can't wait for new hardware.

p.s. OP - Is English your native language?
    some what excited but hope this doesn't delay the next gen device.
    I want the Pre 2 to come out already!
    Pretty excited.. !

FYI usually ppl who vote "somewhat excited" or "not excited" are the same ones who are NEVER happy no matter what happens
    The only thing that would make my enjoy my Pe Plus more would be some WebOS updates, more useful apps *office app*, and most importantly a WebOS Tablet!
    I love it! If I had to rate it, I'd rate it 8/10. Battery life is the only thing that still troubles me daily. Other than that, perfect.
    Thrilled to see HP in the mix. Seemingly forever they have been my personal tech company of choice. My office has a Compaq Desktop, 2 HP Laptops, HP Laser printer, HP Scanner, HP InkJet printer, Husband and son both have HP Laptops. The only 2 puters in the house/office that are not HP are the Dell (blechh) desktop in the guestroom, and my Asus eeepc linux box, that I keep for certain projects, or when I just want to throw a tiny netbook in a bag to go somewhere.

I think haveing HP on board now, will not only insure the longevity of WebOs to smartphones , but add to its applications for other devices..

GO HP GO PALM!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    some what excited but hope this doesn't delay the next gen device.
    I want the Pre 2 to come out already!
    Ironically, as excited as I am about the acquisition and the potential it brings, I do think that it might actually delay the release of the next-gen device. I was (mostly tongue-in-cheek) predicting a release this month (May) because I simply thought that Palm needed to do something to counter all of the bad press.

However, now that Palm has a great deal more breathing room, I think we might not see the next-gen device until well after the next round of competitive devices has cleared. Once the iPhone 4G, Evo, Droid Incredible, and perhaps a few others have been dropped in June and the buzz has died off a bit, I'll bet we'll get an announcement and then a release a month or so later.

So, my prediction is now an announcement in the beginning of July, with a release in August. And, although I'm chomping at the bit to get a new device, I think this would be smart. It would give them a better market to promote into, and would let them put a final polish on the device. It would also allow them to get the enhancements discussed during last weekend's developers event ready to go.

A 1GHz Snapdragon device with 512MB RAM (or 1GB!) and GPU-accelerated UI elements and Javascript services would be unbelievable. If we all think we love webOS now, just imagine how much we'll love it when it's smoother and quicker than the iPhone OS. Personally, I'm willing to wait a little while for it, and I'm very excited that Palm now has the chance to do things right.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    They were talking about webOS 1.5 being released in the fall around Sept., it makes sense to me with the release of the new update will be the release of a new platform. My Pre is going on a year now and still works great, no issues as of yet and I really enjoy using my phone and I don't mind waiting a few more months until then for the release of the next generation webOS device.
    I like how it asks if people are excited with their device, but then the poll answers are relating to if they are excited that they own the device because hp is buying palm?

I think better answers as in just "Yes, Meh, and No"

Or a better question would be "Are you excited with your device now that HP is buying Palm?"
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloJ View Post
    palm is fail, this thread is fail.
    wow why so much hate?
    had too much apple kool aid?
    or are you just trol1ing around?
    Hey it's the troll's right to make fools out of themselves, kinda funny actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    wow why so much hate?
    had too much apple kool aid?
    or are you just trol1ing around?
    If you look up "troll" in the dictionary, you'll find this guy's picture.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    If you look up "troll" in the dictionary, you'll find this guy's picture.
    eww why would I do that you know he is fugly. Just thinking about it makes me want to stab my eyes out
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Sorry is this is a bit off topic... but I just posted this comment at webOSroundup... The Future of webOS – Developer Day Keynote | webOSroundup

"Its really is amazing the potential of what the webOS hold for us... I truly wish that HP/Palm innovates a ton of products and uses for it. I would love a webOS "Dash", or a Fridge with a 10" display running a webOS client...
    I can discuss my dreams of where I want Palm and webOS to be for hours... which is what I usually do with my other tech friends lol...
    This article has only built my anticipation for new products even more... Go Palm, Go webOS and Go HP!!!

(P.S. Obviously a Slate as well... but I actually dnt want just a larger screen version of webOS ala the iPad...they should make it more like what the MS Courier would've been... Something that would actually create content... not just consume it...)"
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    very happy now that gps and the keyboard work correctly.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    I like how it asks if people are excited with their device, but then the poll answers are relating to if they are excited that they own the device because hp is buying palm?

I think better answers as in just "Yes, Meh, and No"

Or a better question would be "Are you excited with your device now that HP is buying Palm?"
    There is nothing wrong with the questions... go back and read exactly what I wrote,and tell me what the subject in my sentence is.
    I'm excited... but my enthusiasm is a bit tempered by worry that the wonderful homebrew/patching scene that has grown up around WebOS will be affected negatively when HP decides to become more involved.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast