View Poll Results: How do you feel about your pre/plus device now?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excited: Can't wait to see what HP/Palm has planned for webos.

65 83.33%
  • Somewhat Excited: Happy for PALM and HP merger,but a little skeptic about hp.

12 15.38%
  • Not happy at all: I believe HP will change Palm in ways I might not like.

1 1.28%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the questions... go back and read exactly what I wrote,and tell me what the subject in my sentence is.
    "How do you feel about your pre/plus device now?"

All I'm saying is it could have included "after hp is buying Palm?"

Because all I get from your question is, How do you feel about your palm device at the moment?
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    I want HPalm to take longer with the Pre2 or what ever they are going to call it. They need to wait for the Evo4G and then once the buzz dies come out with the next gen pre and make sure it has the same if not better specs than the Evo4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I want HPalm to take longer with the Pre2 or what ever they are going to call it. They need to wait for the Evo4G and then once the buzz dies come out with the next gen pre and make sure it has the same if not better specs than the Evo4G.
    That's pretty much what I said, except: the design of the next-gen device is already set, guaranteed. If they decide to change it, we won't see it for another six months, minimum. And, we won't see the first HP-influenced design until probably the middle of 2011.

The short-term advantage of the HP acquisition is entirely the financial resources Palm will have access to, including the ability to hold out to release the next-gen device the right way. HP's hardware and sourcing resources won't come into play for quite some time.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Although I don't yet own one, I am far more receptive to sticking w/ a webOS device such as the Pixi - (although I'm not overly fond of the name). I have been a user of Palm devices since the days of the m100 Handheld, to a few iterations of the Treo, & now a Palm T|X!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    I was thrilled to hear the hp news. I am not a huge hp fan but I don't hate them either. I like the idea of a possible slate. I love my phone. Hp is better than google or microsoft buying them. I think we will see a new phone released with the next big os update.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Honestly, I don't know what this new relationship will bring but it was the final say for me NOT to try out the Incredible. I knew I would probably come back, but I love my Palm and WebOS. I just wasn't crazy about the future. Now that HP bought Palm, I feel relieved. Love my Palm!!
    I, too, feel relieved. I was worried Palm was going to end up closing up shop and then we'd all be stuck with these phones, but I have high hopes for what HP is going to end up doing. Once I got my pre replaced and my keyboard problems were solved, it has been the most amazing phone I've had yet! Plus I think it is way better than my husbands bulky Droid!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12