Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556
Results 1,101 to 1,118 of 1118
    thanks !wait for the solution.
  2.    #1102  
    The currently released kernels should now be correct.

If you are experiencing a problem with the compcache kernel modules, reinstall the kernel from the feeds.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/31/2011 at 08:16 AM.
    root@palm-webos-device: uname -a
    Linux Palm Pre 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 #2 Fri May 20 03:13:56 HST 2011 armv7l GNU/Linux
    root@palm-webos-device: cat /proc/version
    Linux version 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 (v2.1.0-18@org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre) (gcc version 4.3.3 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q1-203) ) #2 Fri May 20 03:13:56 HST 2011
    root@palm-webos-device:
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The currently released kernels should now be correct.

-- Rod
    It works, problem solved! Now using screenstate 500/1000Mhz with 64mb compcache

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by babejuprie View Post
    It works, problem solved! Now using screenstate 500/1000Mhz with 64mb compcache

Thanks
    It still didn't work on my pre using screenstate 500/1000Mhz with 64mb compcache
    Quote Originally Posted by jngg View Post
    It still didn't work on my pre using screenstate 500/1000Mhz with 64mb compcache
    Hallo jngg.. strange for me the problem is solved,

have you download the lastest uberkernel in preware? try reinstall uberkernel, reload preware feeds, and reinstall uberkernel (for me the uberkernel version & info looks the same as before) but after download-install-reboot.. i get to use screenstate 500/1000 with compcache enable 32MB, disable compcache-apply settings, change 32mb to 64mb and enable compcache-apply settings - FINISH

i'm using verizon pre plus with 2.1 meta-doctor, before this i get to play with the compcache manually (with novaterm) so i get to change the compcache to 32mb (default is 10mb) with Palm default kernel (without installing any other kernel)

so there's my condition.. all the commandline result from novaterm that Rob asked is also the same with you.. so why we have different outcome with the compcache.. hope you get around this issue soon, since stock kernel with 2.1 meta-doctor is really slow..

good day, and thanks again Rob
  7.    #1107  
    I wonder who this "Rob" guy is

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I wonder who this "Rob" guy is

-- Rod
    Upss.. i meant "Rod"

let me do it again..

thanks again Rod
    Hallo jngg.. strange for me the problem is solved,

have you download the lastest uberkernel in preware? try reinstall uberkernel, reload preware feeds, and reinstall uberkernel (for me the uberkernel version & info looks the same as before) but after download-install-reboot.. i get to use screenstate 500/1000 with compcache enable 32MB, disable compcache-apply settings, change 32mb to 64mb and enable compcache-apply settings - FINISH

i'm using verizon pre plus with 2.1 meta-doctor, before this i get to play with the compcache manually (with novaterm) so i get to change the compcache to 32mb (default is 10mb) with Palm default kernel (without installing any other kernel)

so there's my condition.. all the commandline result from novaterm that Rob asked is also the same with you.. so why we have different outcome with the compcache.. hope you get around this issue soon, since stock kernel with 2.1 meta-doctor is really slow..

Thanks!
    Now I have reinstall the kernel.It can work .But now the compcache-apply settings have no change selction option.the default compacache memlimit is 10MB.
    Tody I find that the govnah can set the compressed swap and the compcache memlint also can be selcted.But at first the camera can take photo.I reninstall many times ,now the camera can work .
    Thanks .
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Since my installation of the new kernel and govnah my phone randomly turns itself off. I've tried it on screenstate 500/800 as well as the Uberkernel default with no solution. Anyone know what might be causing this issue? I have govnah 0.8.3 and kernel 178. When I turn the phone back on from a power down the profile reverts to uberkernel default instead of saving my settings.
    Last edited by wyk3d; 07/10/2011 at 01:31 PM.
    Hi everyone!

I installed uberkernel and govnah and ever since, my phone keeps turning itself off. From what I've seen, the problem occurs when there isn't much activity with the phone for a longer period of time.
    Is there any solution for this problem?
    I'm running a profile that I created, screenstate 500/720.
    Quote Originally Posted by mateevici View Post
    Hi everyone!

I installed uberkernel and govnah and ever since, my phone keeps turning itself off. From what I've seen, the problem occurs when there isn't much activity with the phone for a longer period of time.
    Is there any solution for this problem?
    I'm running a profile that I created, screenstate 500/720.
    Am I the only one that has this problem? Or does anyone have any idea on how to solve it?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mateevici View Post
    Am I the only one that has this problem? Or does anyone have any idea on how to solve it?
    No you are not the only person with this problem and sadly I have also been unable to get a response or suggestion to the same problem. Until now I've just been dealing with the inconvenience but decided to just uninstall.
    I have the same problem,have opted to not overclock, still I would love to have this issue fixed
    I had a similar issue. It turned out the be the battery, not software related. I stuck a few pieces of card stock on the sides of the battery and voila, problem was solved.
    I'm getting lock ups on the touchstone with uber kernel. I can type in just type but the touch screen doesn't work. Anybody have this issue?
    Is there any way to combine both the screenstate and conservative settings so that when the screen is off it'll force the clock to a certain frequency but will then conservatively ramp up the frequency to the maximum when the screen is on?
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556