Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24247484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1118
  1. #1021  
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    I saw mention of an uberkernel 1ghz is this a myth?
    No !!

    I been running at 800mhz for a few months, but found it nice but not turbo. It just smoothed the Pre.

    However, I'm now running at 1GHz and it is really snappy. Things snap open in a blink. I'm impressed how the extra speed seems more than the sum of it's parts, ie 200 mhz
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  2. #1022  
    re: 1+ghz ....FYI ...there are other smaller forums here.... Webos internals has one, canuck, etc...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  3. #1023  
    Not sure if this has already been brought up, went through quite a few pages and havent seen anything.

    Anyways the point. Has anyone noticed when watching video the sound and video sync is a little bit off? I know pre-uber kernel I wasnt having a problem with this. This goes with video that was on the device before the kernel install and for all new video. Also was having this issue before the current OTA update.

    Its not so much of an issue, but figured I'd bring it up.

    Palm Pre 1st Gen 1.4.5 Build 299
    Uber Kernel v1.4.5-87
    Govnah v0.6.1
  4. Shihatsu's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #1024  
    hey, i just installed the uberkernel and govnah (in this order), and since that i can't use preware anymore - each install i try fails with some error note like "-1 could not write to " - i forgotten the rest. i tried a reboot and since this reboot i cant connect anymore to preware -the feeds are shown if i dont update them, but theres no digit behind them, just behind the 2installed packages". updating feeds runs and runs and runs without any result. any idea?
  5. #1025  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihatsu View Post
    hey, i just installed the uberkernel and govnah (in this order), and since that i can't use preware anymore - each install i try fails with some error note like "-1 could not write to " - i forgotten the rest. i tried a reboot and since this reboot i cant connect anymore to preware -the feeds are shown if i dont update them, but theres no digit behind them, just behind the 2installed packages". updating feeds runs and runs and runs without any result. any idea?
    I would try reinstalling Preware.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6. Shihatsu's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #1026  
    that did work - didnt tried it before i was crying for help, shame on me. thank you!
  7. #1027  
    I'm having a problem were my pre (o2 uk, screenstate 500/800) - It has a slow running clock (actual time clock - as in 45 minutes has passed - with device idle -but the clock has advanced say 15 minutes).

    The clock won't update from the network and doesn't correct with a luna restart through luna magr but needs a proper palm restar before it pulls the time off the network (switching network time off and on again doesn't work either)

    it wasn't doing this before i installed govnah/uberkernel,

    has anyone else experienced this or got ay suggestions? - i love having the pre running faster, but when reminders for meetings don't go off its a disaster
  8. #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    I'm having a problem were my pre (o2 uk, screenstate 500/800) - It has a slow running clock (actual time clock - as in 45 minutes has passed - with device idle -but the clock has advanced say 15 minutes).

    The clock won't update from the network and doesn't correct with a luna restart through luna magr but needs a proper palm restar before it pulls the time off the network (switching network time off and on again doesn't work either)

    it wasn't doing this before i installed govnah/uberkernel,

    has anyone else experienced this or got ay suggestions? - i love having the pre running faster, but when reminders for meetings don't go off its a disaster
    Well, the next step is to remove UK and Govnah, restart the Pre and see if it corrects the problem. If it fixes it, re-install UK and Govnah and see if the problem comes back. If it does, then it is UK and Govnah related. If not.... then look elsewhere.

    You might try running the WebOS repair utility first and see if that finds and fixes anything. Also, to get your Pre to pull network time without a restart switch to airplane mode and then back.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  9. #1029  
    The alpha and beta kernels in progress seem to do a good job of shifting speeds based on processor load rather than just whether the screen is on (i.e. thunderchief or SR71).
  10. #1030  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Some devices just don't like frequencies below 500MHz. Nothing we can do about it unfortunately, we've tried changing voltages and other things, but for some devices (I have a test device which is affected) it just won't work.

    -- Rod
    Ah wish I saw this post sooner. Was driving myself crazy for a little bit.
  11. natural320's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1031  
    this is weird. I just installed uberkernal and govnah for the 1st time, but I cannot change from the "PALM DEFAULT" profile. it doesn't matter which other one (500/800 etc) I try to select...nothing happens. it remains on the palm default

    what am I doing wrong?
  12. #1032  
    do a full system reboot
  13. natural320's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1033  
    i just uninstalled uber, rebooted, reinstalled uber...waiting for it to turn back on! be back in a minute
  14. natural320's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1034  
    hey Z, you are one away from 1k

    and it worked...now I need to figure out which of these profiles to use.
  15. #1035  
    hey glad I can help,learn alot from all smart guys around here,plus same thing happen to me after the update. I realized I only did a luna reboot and that was the problem. Hey, guess what,,,this is post 1000.
  16.    #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by natural320 View Post
    hey Z, you are one away from 1k

    and it worked...now I need to figure out which of these profiles to use.
    Note that when you use Preware to install kernel packages, it pops up a window saying that you have to reboot and giving you a button to push to do so.

    Did you ignore that window, or did you use an inferior package installer tool?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #1037  
    Is that a wordplay on "interior installer fool"?
  18. #1038  
    Finally installed this today. Immediately noticed the improved zip using the 500/800 screenstate.
  19. #1039  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Well, the next step is to remove UK and Govnah, restart the Pre and see if it corrects the problem. If it fixes it, re-install UK and Govnah and see if the problem comes back. If it does, then it is UK and Govnah related. If not.... then look elsewhere.

    You might try running the WebOS repair utility first and see if that finds and fixes anything. Also, to get your Pre to pull network time without a restart switch to airplane mode and then back.
    Thanks, i've just removed both to see what happens - curiously the clock seems to run to time during the day but from around 6pm slows right down, can't pull off network time without doing a full palm restart - if removing both govnah and UK fixes this will post here - if not, its new thread time -seems a very odd bug
  20. #1040  
    So I switched from the 1ghz beta UK kernel to F105 yesterday. Now, I've been chalking this up to my imagination, but does anyone else notice the beta UK kernel "feels" faster? My apps seem to open slower and I notice a slight lag or stutter sometimes when opening the phone or messages with F105. I'm going to switch back tonight (maybe try Warthog as well) but I was just wondering if anyone else noticed anything similar?

Posting Permissions