Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1118
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Anyone notice a problem with waking up their screen while running screenstate 500/800? I go for my phone and either pop the slider (usually) or push the power button (maybe 1/3 of the time) and my screen doesn't wake up. My keyboard lights, but the screen doesn't turn on. It takes 2-3 more tries to get it to respond. Haven't had this issue with any of the other settings (I usually run fixed 720 or 800).

Also noticing sluggishness after a day or so, cured by a reboot.

Thanks!
    Yeah, I had that issue. I was running 500/600 screenstate most of the time, but I tried out a bunch of different combinations. I removed the overclock and govnah and I'm back to running stock. I'm not sure I'll continue to overclock. It absolutely boosts performance, but the threat of voiding warranty is enough for me to be skeptical of the issues I was having and remove it. Don't let me deter you though, it is an amazing tool and I'm impressed with the work these guys have done. I may re-install the uber-kernel and govnah later on if I'm feeling a little froggy (or if Palm comes out and says that it won't void the warranty).
    Quote Originally Posted by boutit View Post
    It absolutely boosts performance, but the threat of voiding warranty is enough for me to be skeptical of the issues I was having and remove it.... I may re-install the uber-kernel and govnah later on if I'm feeling a little froggy (or if Palm comes out and says that it won't void the warranty).
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but IF your Pre were to fail due to an OC related issue Palm can exercise their option of voiding your warranty already.

They have the ability to see if you have ever OC'd your phone even if it was only for a day and you have Dr'd 20 times since.

Of course just because they can doesn't mean they will. So choose your level of comfort and move ahead.
    Hey Rod-

I was just looking, and the testing feed shows an updated kernel today, with the same version 1.4.1-58 as the current public release of UK that was released end of last month (at least what it is showing in the feed based on date and version). Maybe I am missing something, but just wanted to give a heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Hey Rod-

I was just looking, and the testing feed shows an updated kernel today, with the same version 1.4.1-58 as the current public release of UK that was released end of last month (at least what it is showing in the feed based on date and version). Maybe I am missing something, but just wanted to give a heads up.
    I read a post from Rod yesterday in another thread that mentioned the distinct possibility of a "trojan" update that would be certain to really clean things up.

Beware of Geeks bearing gifts.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 07/14/2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Missed pun opportunity in last line, changed Greeks to Geeks.
    i saw that too.... about the other kernel (errr in the thread about it)....

im rollin public release anyways, compcache cleans up enough of my issues, I am basically running the stock 500/600 userspace with compcache enabled.

That's actually why/how I noticed it..... went to public and realized it was the same version as the testing I had been running.... so I went to check the feeds online to see all versions and was like ***. maybe I am tripin but I swear I am seeing the same versions (at least # wise).
    I just updated Govnah and now it no longer gives me the option to go above 600mhz, my screen is at full brightness.
  7.    #987  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I read a post from Rod yesterday in another thread that mentioned the distinct possibility of a "trojan" update that would be certain to really clean things up.

Beware of Geeks bearing gifts.
    That was a joke, BTW.

Alpha kernels are dangerous enough that we don't need to put extra commands in to remove stuff intentionally.

The 'update' you're seeing is a recompile of the package on my backup build machine, as the autobuilder is still broken from our server problems.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod,

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That was a joke, BTW.

Alpha kernels are dangerous enough that we don't need to put extra commands in to remove stuff intentionally.

-- Rod
    I know... (at least I figured I knew) I just couldn't help myself.
    Okay, I've manned up and re-installed Uber-Kernel. I've only had this phone for about 2 months, but I'm over being concerned about the warranty. This phone really doesn't live up to it's full potential at only 550 Mhz. I'm running at 600Mhz performance. My temps seem to stay between 20 and 27 degrees Celcius. Not bad. Thanks for the hard work on this kernel.

Anybody having really good luck with battery at a certain setting? I'm aware that everyone's phone and habits are different, but I'm asking what settings you like for battery performance?
    Last edited by boutit; 07/15/2010 at 10:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Anyone else having issues where the screenstate governor occasionally gets "stuck" at 500 MHz when on the charger? This particularly happens with longer charges (e.g. overnight). Not sure if it's related to compcache as I often find that to be flagged "off" when I open govnah to investigate the problem. I can usually fix the problem by reloading the Screenstate profile, but sometimes need to do a device reset.

I'm running the latest public versions of both govnah and UberKernel.
  12.    #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidal View Post
    Anyone else having issues where the screenstate governor occasionally gets "stuck" at 500 MHz when on the charger? This particularly happens with longer charges (e.g. overnight). Not sure if it's related to compcache as I often find that to be flagged "off" when I open govnah to investigate the problem. I can usually fix the problem by reloading the Screenstate profile, but sometimes need to do a device reset.

I'm running the latest public versions of both govnah and UberKernel.
    Can you describe in more detail what you are expecting the device to do, and what you are observing that it does? Make sure you include all details about charging state, when you pushed the power button, etc.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Can you describe in more detail what you are expecting the device to do, and what you are observing that it does? Make sure you include all details about charging state, when you pushed the power button, etc.

-- Rod
    Sure. I am using UK 1.4.1-58 and Govnah 0.5.0. I have seen this occur when plugging by phone in to a wall charger and via a Sprint branded car charger. I do not have a Touchstone (for shame!).

Govnah profile is Screenstate 500/800 with compcache enabled (16 MB memory limit). I never see temperatures beyond the low 40's even under heavy workload. Most of the time it sits at 30-35 degrees C.

Basically what is happening is that I plug the phone in for the night and when I pull the phone off of the charger in the morning, the frequency clock is "stuck" at 500 MHz. Usually the UI lag clues me into this problem. I don't recall my habits with the power button. It's possible that I push the power button prior to removing the device from the power source, but I will experiment there.

I can sometimes restore the normal ScreenState function by starting Govnah and reloading the ScreenState 500/800 profile. The Frequency field in Govnah will then jump back to 800 MHz and device responsiveness will return to normal. Sometimes that does not work, but it is solved with a full linux restart. The other issue is that I frequently also find "compcache" disabled in combination with this problem.

I have already un-installed and re-installed (via Preware) both UK and Govnah with no resolution. The only other lower level change I can think of recently is installing the Userspace Input Module for the VK.
    I was using the 500/720 screenstate governor and when my phone went to <20% battery, the Mhz stayed at 500 and would not go to 720Mhz when the screen was on. Is this a normal occurrence? It seems like a good idea if it isn't meant to do that. Having the speed downgraded to 500 to conserve what precious little battery you have left isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just curious.
  15.    #995  
    Quote Originally Posted by boutit View Post
    I was using the 500/720 screenstate governor and when my phone went to <20% battery, the Mhz stayed at 500 and would not go to 720Mhz when the screen was on. Is this a normal occurrence? It seems like a good idea if it isn't meant to do that. Having the speed downgraded to 500 to conserve what precious little battery you have left isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just curious.
    That's likely to be related to the screen dimming when the battery is low.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Didnt read all 50 pages, just the first 7 or so.

Thought id report that i have brightness unlinked installed as well. I typically run Screen: 0 Keyboard: 10.

Using screenstate 500/800 the clock speed would stick to 500 after cycling the screen on and off once and wouldnt go back. I set the screen setting to 2 in BU and it solved the issue.

First time overclocking my phone. Took all of 10 minutes with reboots and figuring out that BU problem. I love it. Thanks a ton. Had this phone for around a year and i still love it.

Edit: Noticed that in USB charge mode it defaults back to 500Mhz. Can only re enable screenstate mode by opening Govnah and reselecting "Apply Settings". Dont remember whether i read this was by design or not.

Edit2: After charging overnight on the touchstone it seems now the screenstate doesnt want to work correctly at anything below brightness level 10, so im set to that now in BU. 2,3,5, etc no longer worked correctly and would stick at 500Mhz when turning the screen back on.
    Last edited by Goofy Footr; 07/18/2010 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaces View Post
    I just updated Govnah and now it no longer gives me the option to go above 600mhz, my screen is at full brightness.
    Can anyone help me with this? I'd like to run at 800mhz.
  18.    #998  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaces View Post
    Can anyone help me with this? I'd like to run at 800mhz.
    The available frequencies are determined by the kernel you have installed, not by Govnah.

-- Rod
    restart the phone
    I have uberkernel, it was running at 800mhz until I updated Govnah.

I've restarted my phone multiple times.