Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    I was experimenting with the settings of powersave etc. and...

Had it on 250mhz min, 500 max. I hit Apply and that happened.

Using Govnah 0.5.0
    Using the latest Uberkernal update in the normal feeds. I do no alpha testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I was experimenting with the settings of powersave etc. and...

Had it on 250mhz min, 500 max. I hit Apply and that happened.

Using Govnah 0.5.0
    Using the latest Uberkernal update in the normal feeds. I do no alpha testing.
    Thanks - that looks like a bug in Govnah.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I notice that as well when I am trying to enable or disable compache and my govenor profile has the dashes. It happens when it is taking more than 10 seconds to apply the settings. I can close the app and reopen and I don't get the error. I am alpha testing F105 so I just chalked it up to me working faster than the Pre was at that moment.
  4.    #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I notice that as well when I am trying to enable or disable compache and my govenor profile has the dashes. It happens when it is taking more than 10 seconds to apply the settings. I can close the app and reopen and I don't get the error. I am alpha testing F105 so I just chalked it up to me working faster than the Pre was at that moment.
    I suspect what is happening here is a re-entrancy problem in the govnah service.

Does this happen less if you set the poll rate to 1 minute?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Anyone else have reception problems since overclocking? I'm not really sure if it's related or not, but the last big thing I did on my Pre was overclock with the Uber-Kernel and I get horrible clicking and audio dropping out on a lot of phone calls I make now.
  6.    #966  
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    Anyone else have reception problems since overclocking? I'm not really sure if it's related or not, but the last big thing I did on my Pre was overclock with the Uber-Kernel and I get horrible clicking and audio dropping out on a lot of phone calls I make now.
    Overclocking is known to produce interference with cellular reception in some devices.

We have heard this is one of the reasons why the Pre does not run at 600MHz by default.

-- Rod
    I suspect what is happening here is a re-entrancy problem in the govnah service.

Does this happen less if you set the poll rate to 1 minute?

-- Rod
    Haven't messed with the poll rate settings. I am just tweaking compache settings when it occurs
    I had been testing F105 and had major phone issues. I could not make calls or send SMS messages.

I removed it and went back to the latest public release of UK, but still had issues. So off to the Dr. I went.

All is good now. Running the latest public UK using screenstate 800/500 and compcache (16 MB). Everything is stable and smooth. Battery life due to screenstate is much better than I was getting at static 800.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 06/30/2010 at 10:56 PM.
    I had the kernal and govnah to overclock my pre. It started having issues (would luna resart while typing a memo or email) and I put it back to 500MHz. I am still having issues back at default. What is the safe way to remove the patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    I had the kernal and govnah to overclock my pre. It started having issues (would luna resart while typing a memo or email) and I put it back to 500MHz. I am still having issues back at default. What is the safe way to remove the patch?
    You can remove whichever kernel you installed in Preware. It should revert to what you had installed before.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You can remove whichever kernel you installed in Preware. It should revert to what you had installed before.
    Thanks. My phone seems to be better now
    Anyone notice a problem with waking up their screen while running screenstate 500/800? I go for my phone and either pop the slider (usually) or push the power button (maybe 1/3 of the time) and my screen doesn't wake up. My keyboard lights, but the screen doesn't turn on. It takes 2-3 more tries to get it to respond. Haven't had this issue with any of the other settings (I usually run fixed 720 or 800).

Also noticing sluggishness after a day or so, cured by a reboot.

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Overclocking is known to produce interference with cellular reception in some devices.

We have heard this is one of the reasons why the Pre does not run at 600MHz by default.

-- Rod
    Hmm. Well, I went back to the default Palm kernel, and the problem persists. I can't even hear people on the other line and they can't hear me it cracks and drops out so often. Unless I didn't uninstall the overclocked kernel properly, or having it installed simply damaged my phone, I'm not really sure. I used the Palm Kernel in Recovery on Preware. Is there some proper uninstall procedure I'm supposed to go through before installing the Palm Kernel, other than setting the speeds to the default?
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Anyone notice a problem with waking up their screen while running screenstate 500/800? I go for my phone and either pop the slider (usually) or push the power button (maybe 1/3 of the time) and my screen doesn't wake up. My keyboard lights, but the screen doesn't turn on. It takes 2-3 more tries to get it to respond. Haven't had this issue with any of the other settings (I usually run fixed 720 or 800).

Also noticing sluggishness after a day or so, cured by a reboot.

Thanks!
    Gee ... I have that problem when my Pre is stock.
    thanks for this great app
    Rod or anyone....

This is gonna be a stupid question, but I have searched here and webos internals.

Is there a thread or wiki post of current public release(s) vs current alpha releases.

I have been running the alpha UK since it got compcache with no problem, but I am pretty sure there has been a public release with compcache. I know I could search thru this thread for the individual posts, but that leads to potentially missing a post, etc. So if I am just being slow today and missing something with release notes I apologize (and I am sure there has to be something somewhere).

Anyways, I just can't always keep up with the releases on both side (since I am obviously only updating the kernel I am running). My apologies in advance for what is probably an overly simple question.

Thanks in advance for any info. Ohh and also if Govnah has the same info available somewhere that I am missing.
    Hi there !
    As a new contributor to this forum, i’d like to share my personal experience with Govnah and uberkernel installed in my French PrPrPr +

First of all, my stock PrPrPr $was$ $1$.$4$.$1$. $Having$ $installed$ $stable$ $version$ $of$ $this$ $two$ $softwares$, $my$ $Pr$ $runs$ $smooth$ $with$ $screenstate$ $governor$ $at$ $125$ $to$ $720MHz$ $CPU$ $speed$. $Charging$ $my$ $phone$ $with$ $screen$ $off$ $and$ $making$ $call$ $didn$&#$8217$;$t$ $overheat$ $the$ $phone$. $When$ $I$&#$8217$;$ve$ $upgraded$ $Govnah$ $to$ $0$.$5$.$0$ $and$ $compcache$ $option$, $it$ $wasn$&#$8217$;$t$ $possible$ $to$ $be$ $waked$ $up$ $with$ $the$ $built$-$in$ $alarm$ $until$ $I$ $go$ $for$ $changing$ $screenstate$ $governor$ $to$ $250MHZ$ ($instead$ $of$ $125$ $MHz$ $as$ $a$ $minimal$ $speed$ $when$ $screen$ $is$ $off$) $and$ $720$ $MHz$ $as$ $default$ $running$ $speed$.

Having upgraded to 1.4.5 and it’s corresponding uberkernel (wich I know isn’t 1.4.5 kernel based but rather 1.4.1), alarm doesn’t ring anymore at minimum speed (i.e 125 MHz when screen is off), but only at minimum 250 Mhz speed too. One more thing, is that macking call with screen of and charging my prprpr $makes$ $the$ $phone$ $considerably$ $hot$.

Do I have to say that the choice of forcing the kernel to go down 500Mhz when charging will in fact force the speed over 250 MHz or 125 MHz and explain the overheat !

Would it be possible for UberKernel and Govnah programmers, to leave the possibility to force the speed to cooldown under 500MHz when charging and when the screen is off according to the governor when it is set to be under 500MHz (i.e 125 or 250 MHz) when screen is off ? this will probably solve the overheat issue.

At last, having testing Govnah 0.5.6 and unpluging power when Govnah is running as a main task, makes it unstable and freesing. I was forced to go back to 0.5.0 wich is more stable heaven if I havn’t newest features.

Thanks for your answer. Hope it can help ! … and the more important thing, is : Many, many thanks for your hard work !
    Uberkernel is installed on my Pre but not listed as an "Installed Package." It is in my Saved Package List, without the green arrow. When I try to reinstall it I get the following error log:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/ramzswap.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement

I had this issue with other applications which would let me reinstall its package over an existing installation. Any suggestion on how to remove UK or reinstall it? A straight install gives me the error message listed above. There is no option to remove UK in Preware since PW does not think it is actually installed.

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by swieder; 07/12/2010 at 06:40 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  19.    #979  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Rod or anyone....

This is gonna be a stupid question, but I have searched here and webos internals.

Is there a thread or wiki post of current public release(s) vs current alpha releases.

I have been running the alpha UK since it got compcache with no problem, but I am pretty sure there has been a public release with compcache. I know I could search thru this thread for the individual posts, but that leads to potentially missing a post, etc. So if I am just being slow today and missing something with release notes I apologize (and I am sure there has to be something somewhere).

Anyways, I just can't always keep up with the releases on both side (since I am obviously only updating the kernel I am running). My apologies in advance for what is probably an overly simple question.

Thanks in advance for any info. Ohh and also if Govnah has the same info available somewhere that I am missing.
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/

-- Rod
    Awesome I knew I had seen it before, just couldn't remember where. Thanks!