Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Strange, I am running the stock Uberkernel (v1.4.2-21), not one from the beta feeds, here is screen shot of my settings
    I used the same settings except I set the minimum to 550Mhz. The problem seemed to result from changing the freq. step to 50% from 5% I think. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Thanks!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  2.    #942  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I tried your settings and that didn't work for me either. It seemed to be working fine. I changed the freq. step to 50%, used it for a while, put it on the TS at 68% battery to top it off. A half hour later it was down to 59%, so I put it back on the TS and watched TV for about an hour, came back, now it's down to 56% and hot 49C, so I try changing to previous profiles. Every one I chose wouldn't work stuck at 800Mhz and unknown profile on every one. Even Palm default went to 600, 600 and 600, so I forced it back to 500Mhz, rebooted and put it back on the TS. 20 minutes later it's back up to a 70% charge and I'm back to screenstate at 500/720Mhz. Oh well.
    Are you sure you don't have some old detritus like patched binaries or upstart scripts left over from previous overclocking kernels or patches installed outside of Preware?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you sure you don't have some old detritus like patched binaries or upstart scripts left over from previous overclocking kernels or patches installed outside of Preware?

-- Rod
    Not at all, as a matter of fact, I had no plans to OC my phone until you introduced the UberKernel. After reading the Seven Principals and having a OC solution that is OTA update safe, and my trust in your thoroughness would I even cosidered trying an OC kernel on my Pre.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    i've been having problems with the profile switching back to palm default randomly
  5.    #945  
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipres View Post
    i've been having problems with the profile switching back to palm default randomly
    It's designed to do this any time you have an unclean shutdown. It's not random.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Hi Rod,

I upgraded today to Govnah 0.5.0 and UK 1.4.1-58 versions.

I'm always using the Screenstate 500/800 profile and no matter if I keep the phone on Touchstone or in my pocket it always displays the 800Mhz frequency into Govnah. Is this normal? My goal is to have the phone running at 500Mhz while the screen is black or on Touchstone and at 800Mhz when I make use of it.

Right now I'm streaming a .pls file. When the screen is black at what frequency the phone is running if I stream? Pretty sure is 500, so the huge load spikes I saw earlier are gone for good with the new kernel version.

Thanks for the great work.

EDIT: It looks like the server load issue while having the phone off the Touchstone (with a black screen) is not solved. The 15min load number is still very high, ranging from 10 to 20. The load drops very quickly, once the OC kicks in, at 800Mhz.
    Last edited by T3CK; 06/29/2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Just installed the latest public UberKernel/Govnah and still having issues with the camera app. The only way I can get the camera to behave 100% normally is to switch the CPU governor to "ondemand". Screenstate and userspace give me varying results.. sometimes the camera works but most of the time it sticks on the grey screen.

Anyone else have this?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    Just installed the latest public UberKernel/Govnah and still having issues with the camera app. The only way I can get the camera to behave 100% normally is to switch the CPU governor to "ondemand". Screenstate and userspace give me varying results.. sometimes the camera works but most of the time it sticks on the grey screen.

Anyone else have this?
    No problems here, running the Screenstate 500/800 profile.

Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Thank you for all the hard work! Running the latest UK and Govnah. very smooth!
    very strange..i wonder what could be causing my camera issues whem im using screenstate. rebooting doesnt seems to make a difference, the only thing that clears it up is to switch to "ondemand".
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just FYI, my quick and dirty way of checking speed when I change something, it to set polling to 1 second. Put the phone in a state where is should drop speed (for touchstone use make sure the screen gets locked). Leave it in the locked state for 10 seconds, then unlock and you should see the frequency drop on the graph from when it was locked and they the frequency spike when you unlocked it. It's not an exact science, but an EASY way to check to make sure your govnah/kernel is behaving in the manor you think you have it set to.
    Sorry it took me a while to get back to this (I'm working at a camp with really busy schedule) I feel ridiculous, because like I said before - I found out that my Pre wasn't actually stuck on 800 mhz.. However, the spiking heat keeps happening.. At some random times, my Pre would heat up whenever I'm texting and using internet, or using just internet.. Also when it's on Pre and recharging while using sprintnav at same time.. Any idea what might cause that problem?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    It looks like the server load issue while having the phone off the Touchstone (with a black screen) is not solved. The 15min load number is still very high, ranging from 10 to 20. The load drops very quickly, once the processor runs on 800Mhz.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Sorry it took me a while to get back to this (I'm working at a camp with really busy schedule) I feel ridiculous, because like I said before - I found out that my Pre wasn't actually stuck on 800 mhz.. However, the spiking heat keeps happening.. At some random times, my Pre would heat up whenever I'm texting and using internet, or using just internet.. Also when it's on Pre and recharging while using sprintnav at same time.. Any idea what might cause that problem?
    When you are seeing this, do you have the slider open or closed? I get a lot of battery heat when running SprintNav/Shoutcast and charging in the car. Most of the heat I find is coming from what I would assume to be the charging of the battery and the radios being located in the bottom part (below the battery) of the handset. The base of the handset gets really warm.

During normal use I can get my processor up over the 40 degree mark running at only 500 mhz. (especially with slider closed).

So that's why I ask about the slider being open, when I see an increase in processor temp I can see a quick drop in processor temp by opening the slider and allowing the mirror/heat sink help cool the processor.
    Oh I see.. Most of time, it would heat up with slider closed (base of the handset).. However, there were few times when it would heat up while the slider is open (back of screen - mirror).. I find it really odd because I was not using anything that would require lot from processor, except for sprintnav..
    You gotta remember though, sprint nav can be working the radios..... and then if you add bluetooth in the mix, you have a lot of non-processor heat coming out of the phone.
    I don't use bluetooth, and never had.. The reason why i'm concerned about this is I never had this problem until maybe 3 weeks ago or so..
    it's not specific to bluetooth, just using as example.... if you are using constant data, your radios will get some heat
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I am in no mans land right now with no wifi and barely a bar of signal strength...is there a setting for 500mhz min and max?

Wondering what the best batt power saving setting is...

thanks!
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    use the "Palm Default" ..... I also setup a userspace so I can play with some settings (uses LunaSysMgr to control scaling), for most aspects this will keep you at 500mhz, unless you run a 3D game that makes LunaSysMgr request the 600 mhz.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    it's not specific to bluetooth, just using as example.... if you are using constant data, your radios will get some heat
    Oh I see.. Alright, I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much anymore ha.. Thanks for trying to help out & explaining stuff!! I really appreciate it, man!