Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
    Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgene63 View Post
    Can anyone help?
    read the post after yours from faantom.

sh location file name uninstall
    I'm with you pastorrich1. I like the Performance 800/800 set up. Works like the static 800 ipk did. I used to use CPU Ultimate, but now I use Govnah. My question is does the Device Temperature Warning Patch use more battery seeing it runs in the background (like the CPU Ultimate Service) and checks every 5 mins? I never have noticed hi temps and wonder if I really need to have it installed?
  4.    #784  
    faantom: is there a need to quote all of that obsolete information about previous overclocking solutions on this thread? It's likely to confuse people. Can you please reduce it to just the answer to the question (how to uninstall) ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    anyone able to point me to a thread/post about the screenstate getting stuck on 500mhz when the screen is turned off and the best way to resolve it? This thread is a monster...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    anyone able to point me to a thread/post about the screenstate getting stuck on 500mhz when the screen is turned off and the best way to resolve it? This thread is a monster...
    I don't see that it has been specifically answered. There have been several posts about the problem.
    I am a recent german gsm palm pre owner(coming from iphone). As soon as I got the device, I updated the firmware to 1.4.0 .I also installed preware and wanted to install UberKernel. The problem is UberKernel seems to be unavailable in preware. There is a placeholder for the kernel but the description says:"This package is not currently available for WebOS 1.4.0".

So, what should I do? I've already updated preware feeds and there are currently no webos updates other than 1.4.0 . Should I look for a way to install uberkernel manually?
  8.    #788  
    Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    I am a recent german gsm palm pre owner(coming from iphone). As soon as I got the device, I updated the firmware to 1.4.0 .I also installed preware and wanted to install UberKernel. The problem is UberKernel seems to be unavailable in preware. There is a placeholder for the kernel but the description says:"This package is not currently available for WebOS 1.4.0".

So, what should I do? I've already updated preware feeds and there are currently no webos updates other than 1.4.0 . Should I look for a way to install uberkernel manually?
    webOS 1.4.1 is available for German GSM Palm Pre devices - you should update to that first.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the reply Rod.

But when I open the "Updates", it just tell me that my phone is up to date. Maybe it is because I am not in Germany? Is there a way to force the update?(Sorry for the noob question)
    I've updated to 1.4.1 and now uberkernel works.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xvipx View Post
    A great way to save battery on this phone is to use the Govnah. You don't have to set it to 800 mhz. You can set it to 500 mhz with the screen on and 125 or 250 mhz with the screen off. I'm not sure if the processor will boost to 600 for 3D gaming but if it doesnt just set it to 600 with screen on and 250 off. The phone saves a lot of battery when the screen is off at 250 mhz. Even at 800 on and 250 off the way I have it set the battery is the same or slightly better even though my phone is faster.
    Yup... Thats how I run it... 800/250 Screenstate... Love it.. and saves a ton ton battery...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I'm using spk and all is good over here... i'll wait until all the bugs are eradicated from uber-kernel,then i'll gladly return. SPK + SCALING app = success. They are from the same person anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    faantom: is there a need to quote all of that obsolete information about previous overclocking solutions on this thread? It's likely to confuse people. Can you please reduce it to just the answer to the question (how to uninstall) ?

-- Rod
    oops, sorry guys, just wanted to heelp
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Yup... Thats how I run it... 800/250 Screenstate... Love it.. and saves a ton ton battery...
    screenstate only allows you to drop down to 500MHz nothing below that as of now. So what your thinking it's doing it's not.
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 05/29/2010 at 10:08 AM.
    Just installed uber+Govnah, running at 720. We'll see how this goes...mainly concerned about battery life. And temp. Will I get thrown some type of warning, while in an application, if the temp gets too high?
    Where can someone find these kernels??
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadDude View Post
    Where can someone find these kernels??
    You might try looking at the first post in this thread. It tells you how to get them.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Used preware to revert my kernel back to the original state (had an existing overclocking patch), downloaded "uber" and "govnah", within 5 minutes i was running 800 screen on, 500 screen off, confirmed by both govnah and cpuinfo commands.

Awesome!
    I have a question. I installed Uber Kernal/Govnah on my niece's Pre. I can only get 600 mhz when trying to set the speeds. There is no option of getting anything higher than 600 or lower than 500. Is there an issue with the ipk download from Preware?

I was going to do the wife's and daughter's Pre but I am holding of until this gets answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    I don't see that it has been specifically answered. There have been several posts about the problem.
    in my case, simply leaving it be overnight seems to have resolved my screenstate issue...