Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    Just out of interest, is 800Mhz, the maximum we can expect from Uber-Kernal development? is >800Mhz actually advantageous? or will our pre's just fry? I know their is a 'sweetspot' with cpu hardware cofigs, but is this it?
    You probably wont see much improvement as the Pre's IO bus is the bottleneck.

Running at 800Mhz wasnt a far leap from 720Mhz in term of "overall" performance. but things like rendering and such are faster.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I have the problem that the problem that after the first time the screen goes off the cpu sticks to 500Mhz. (I'm watchin
    g this via ssh and I'm using screenstate governor). If I open the govenor settings and hit the save button it scales up to 800Mhz until the next screen off. I also saw in earlier today in Govnah (can't actually reproduce it while ssh conected ) that the CPU was on 800Mhz while screen off and dropped to 500 Mhz while screen was on. Very strange...
    just to make sure i understand...upon reboot everything reverts back to original (500mhz) settings? so if i'm using the reboot scheduler to automatically reboot my phone @ 4am every morning i will then need to go and reset everything to run @ 800mhz again???
    Both of these apps are not available in Preware for me.
    Added the testing-feed...got it.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dl1ely View Post
    I experience _inverted_ screenstate behaviour with the new UberKernel and Govnah set to screenstate (500/800).
    Now I saw it via ssh 500 Mhz while the screen is on and 800 Mhz while off.
    I experience this after restart the Pre choosing screenstate govenor, closing Govnah and reopen it.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    What is your question exactly? You pasted alot of data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    It sounds like he's asking why it switches back to 800 when the screen is off. Shouldn't it be at 500?
    The original post with all the data...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2416466

Right. The data is a little confusing to interpret but the data demonstrates that the time_in_state at 800MHz is increasing when the screen is off (the last samples) while the time_in_state for 500 MHz is increasing when the screen is dimmed.

To determine the time_in_state at a particular frequency when the screen goes dim, for example, you need to subtract the sample directly after the event when the screen goes dim from the next sample which was when the screen goes off.

As for the original question, I just looked at my phone and it is behaving exactly as designed. Note, my phone is currently on the charger, the screen is off, and I am ssh'ed in to the phone. I see only 500MHz time_in_state going up when sampling here:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state

My suggestion would be to uninstall the latest uber-kernel and use the WebOS repair utility from Jason Robitaille to validate your phone is clean (or install the stock kernel from Preware). Once everything looks normal, you can re-install the latest uber-kernel and try again.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    My application on my phone won't run it just sits there loading, and then never opens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrormmo View Post
    My application on my phone won't run it just sits there loading, and then never opens.
    You need Govnah application to control the Kernel. The "uber-kernel" icon is essentially verifying that the kernel is on the phone.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    You need Govnah application to control the Kernel. The "uber-kernel" icon is essentially verifying that the kernel is on the phone.
    Just downloaded Govnah, (haven't restarted my phone). But it shows 500 MHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrormmo View Post
    Just downloaded Govnah, (haven't restarted my phone). But it shows 500 MHz.
    Reboot your phone completely. The Kernel and Govnah should be able to work in harmony then. It might be a good idea to read through the whole thread while it's still this small so you can get some answers to any other questions you might have.

(not trying to a d_ck, it just works out better when everyone informs themselves. =))
    I didn't see this in the posts so maybe you guys can help me out. When restarting my phone do I always have to change the values in the governor settings. example is I have screen state set to min freq 500 and max freq 720. Now when I restarted my phone these values didn't stick. Is this something I will have to redo ever boot up?
    - Skinneejay -
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I didn't see this in the posts so maybe you guys can help me out. When restarting my phone do I always have to change the values in the governor settings. example is I have screen state set to min freq 500 and max freq 720. Now when I restarted my phone these values didn't stick. Is this something I will have to redo ever boot up?
    Yes, (currently) they do not stick. I actually like it because if you make a setting that crashes your phone, that setting will not stick and prevent you from needing a visit to the doctor
    I just got everything installed. ScreenState is great it works perfectly and seams smoother than when I had CPUScaler with 500mhz to 720mhz scaling enabled.

Great Job as usual!
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I didn't see this in the posts so maybe you guys can help me out. When restarting my phone do I always have to change the values in the governor settings.
    Not sure how you could have missed it, it's been mentioned at least 3 times in this thread alone.

Post #26

Post #35

Post #41
    I've been running the 'screenstate' now for the past few hours and holy crap is this very nice!! My battery drain is between 1.2-2.3%/hr!! The phone is also sitting at 18c!! Before this profile I would be in the mid 30s using conservative with settings that would keep it at 500mhz and pump it up to 800mhz as soon as I started using it (only problem was streaming internet music would keep the mhz up... really looking forward to streaming music and it stays at 500mhz when the screen turns off to help keep it cool
    Using screenstate with min 500 and max 720.
    When I use the power off button or if the screen goes out on it's own, upon powering back up, govnah reports that it is running at 720 as it should.
    When I put it on the touchstone with same 500/720 settings, it always powers back up reporting that I am at 500. The 500 stays until I go back in and save settings again even though it shows still that my settings are 500min/720max.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    I've been running the 'screenstate' now for the past few hours and holy crap is this very nice!! My battery drain is between 1.2-2.3%/hr!! The phone is also sitting at 18c!! Before this profile I would be in the mid 30s using conservative with settings that would keep it at 500mhz and pump it up to 800mhz as soon as I started using it (only problem was streaming internet music would keep the mhz up... really looking forward to streaming music and it stays at 500mhz when the screen turns off to help keep it cool
    Are you saying it bumps up to 800 when streaming with this kernel and screenstate governor? That shouldnt happen unless the screen was on, if its off then it should run at 500. Unless you have something else running in the background which overrides this?
    Live free or DIE!
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I tried to add the feed and I cannot get it to show up! I'm so frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by rickgeisen View Post
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I tried to add the feed and I cannot get it to show up! I'm so frustrated
    Did you follow the instructions here?
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast