Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
  1.    #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    The icon is just to show that you have it, it will not open. You use Govnah to control the kernel.
    Actually the UberKernel icon displays the program changelog when launched.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Hey got it working...thanks everyone! what settings do you guys use...im trying screenstate 800 max and 250 min to save battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by xvipx View Post
    Hey got it working...thanks everyone! what settings do you guys use...im trying screenstate 800 max and 250 min to save battery.
    I've been using 125/800 screenstate and battery life has been improved. I am able to get about 25% left after a days-worth of moderate usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybananas View Post
    I've been using 125/800 screenstate and battery life has been improved. I am able to get about 25% left after a days-worth of moderate usage.
    I have been using 500/800 screenstate since yesterday with no problems. Now i'm going to try 125/800 and see if that works for me. I love my Pre once again.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    What does the pre run stanadard on without uber-kernel? I believe with the screen on its 500 and 600 for games but what does it run at with the screen off?
    I would still like to know, from a scaling point of view, if anything actually runs as low as 125 or 250.

And, when it comes to scaling, are the apps or is WebOS itself, smart enough to know what to ask for? For instance, do my contacts really only need 250Mhz, as opposed to my camera which might take 600-720 vs a 3-D game that might peak at 800?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by xvipx View Post
    What does the pre run stanadard on without uber-kernel? I believe with the screen on its 500 and 600 for games but what does it run at with the screen off?
    500 is the standard speed, screen on and off
    It only goes to 600 with PDK games.
    hi there i havnt been apart of precentral for long buti did hav the super kernal app on my phone then for some reason i webdoctored my phone n the app went away! i have been using the uber kernal n while its good i feel the speed was nothing like the 2nd gen super kernal....is there any way of getting this app back for my phone???
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually the UberKernel icon displays the program changelog when launched.

-- Rod
    Ah, I see that now. I didn't do that originally. Good to know.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    where can i find this third gen over clocking and directions.. why am I so confused lol i just want to find the download and instructions.. please help me.. i need it !! thanx for any info from any precentral member !! thanx rwhitby you are awesome
    Jumping on the overclocking bandwagon! YAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    I have govanah and uberkernel (Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1). Everything was fine until I installed myTether. MyTether works fine. But now as soon as I leave the phone idle for say a 1/2 hr it freezes...If I hit the power button, it starts to reboot.

Is this a known issue?

EDIT: Going to try removing the Uber-kernel and keep mytether and see if that fixes it
    I forgot to mention I switched to my 3rd pre recently d/t a problem with the phone/radio not working. I think my issue is the old loose battery issue. A piece of paper/cardboard should do the trick once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydigital View Post
    where can i find this third gen over clocking and directions.. why am I so confused lol i just want to find the download and instructions.. please help me.. i need it !! thanx for any info from any precentral member !! thanx rwhitby you are awesome
    Page 1 and Post 1 should have you covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Page 1 and Post 1 should have you covered.
    hahahaha

That's just awesome!
    Hi everyone! I have Govnah (tried different modes - screenstate 500-800, perfomance 500-800, ondemand 800 etc) , and i think smth conflicts with Mode Switcher, bcs sometimes Mode Switcher reloads Default Mode and slows the phone down... and what do you guys think if I uninstall Govnah/UberKernel now and install Superkernel at 800 Mhz will not it be like an old school? which kernel is newer? Thanks for answers in advance
    yeah, and forgot to tell about strange TOO MANY CARDS ERROR notifications, even when i'm not running a lot of programs or even nothing! any advices?
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    Hi everyone! I have Govnah (tried different modes - screenstate 500-800, perfomance 500-800, ondemand 800 etc) , and i think smth conflicts with Mode Switcher, bcs sometimes Mode Switcher reloads Default Mode and slows the phone down... and what do you guys think if I uninstall Govnah/UberKernel now and install Superkernel at 800 Mhz will not it be like an old school? which kernel is newer? Thanks for answers in advance

SPK uses WebOS code from 1.4.0 and is not being updated or supported by anyone. There are some known issues for Pre Plus users and double key typing by using SPK. Further it won't be updated with 1.4.5 coming soon so additional problems may follow.

Uberkernel is actively being developed and maintained.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 05/26/2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: addition
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    SPK uses WebOS code from 1.4.0 and is not being updated or supported by anyone. There are some known issues for Pre Plus users and double key typing by using SPK. Further it won't be updated with 1.4.5 coming soon so additional problems may follow.
    Thank you! I just uninstalled Govnah, maybe installing it back will solve the problem as well as upcoming update from Sconix Mode Switcher, trying SPK now for real quick
    This might seem like a dumb question... but do I have to keep Govnah open, in order to maintain the increased processor speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by juniuslee View Post
    This might seem like a dumb question... but do I have to keep Govnah open, in order to maintain the increased processor speed?
    No....

But with just a cursory glance through this thread you would have seen this question and answer about 100 times.