Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    AT&T Palm Pre Plus overclocking (UberKernel & Govnah) is now available in Preware.

-- Rod
    i should have known you would get to it before i did. i just got an email that the source code for 1.4.2 was up, but you already finished it!

thanks so much for the update!!!
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    AT&T Palm Pre Plus overclocking (UberKernel & Govnah) is now available in Preware.

Updated, and working as intended, with all the states listed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    The one I don't get is "Userspace". Min speed, Max speed and Setspeed. what does it mean? What does it do? How does it affect performance and battery life?
    I'm curious about this one too. What does the "setspeed" do?
    Does it just keep it at 800 the whole time? (but then, isn't that what "performance" does??)

thanks for the help
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Good concept but I uninstalled it. I have a brand new Palm Pre Plus with AT&T and have random reboots about every 4-5 wake ups. It's cutting my service off also while sleeping at times. I restart my phone and I get my texts and emails then 4-5 wake ups it restarts and I have to manually resart again. I uninstalled both programs and everything is running smoothly again. Look forward to a update.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    I have everything downloaded and can only clock up to 600MHz
    Restart your phone and then you will have all the options.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I installed Uber-kernel and govnah on a sprint pre. I don't have any options in the govnah and it is blank. It just says profile unknown and i cant change anything. I have restarted the phone twice. Can someone tell me what i need to do please.
  7.    #707  
    Quote Originally Posted by xvipx View Post
    I installed Uber-kernel and govnah on a sprint pre. I don't have any options in the govnah and it is blank. It just says profile unknown and i cant change anything. I have restarted the phone twice. Can someone tell me what i need to do please.
    What tool (and version of that tool) did you use to install them?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    My 18 month contract is up next week with o2 in the UK. They are getting the pre plus on the 28th May. I've been a long time iPhone user, but I really fancy a change, webos looks real good, as does the phone, but I was wondering if this 800mhz patch would work for me, or would I have to wait for the devs to update it?

Thanks
    Drew
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewster_uk View Post
    My 18 month contract is up next week with o2 in the UK. They are getting the pre plus on the 28th May. I've been a long time iPhone user, but I really fancy a change, webos looks real good, as does the phone, but I was wondering if this 800mhz patch would work for me, or would I have to wait for the devs to update it?

Thanks
    Drew
    I'm going to assume that the phone is going to come with 1.4.2 I would think you would just be able to use the patch for the ATT pre.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I used preware to install the programs. Govnah does absolutely nothing. Please help me get it working.
    I used preware to install the programs. Govnah does absolutely nothing. Please help me get it working.
    Did you install the proper version of the UberKernel? You must install the 1.4.1.1 version, the 1.4.2 version is for ATT phones.

Also remember to do a hard restart of your phone.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ya there is only 1 uberkernel in my preware. My preware is updated btw. It is versyion 1.4.1-21. Do I need to install something besides uber-kernel and govnah? And why would I do a hard reset of my phone and lose all my info??
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Also Uber-kernel does not do anything. It is just an empty program. I'm not sure if its supposed to be this way.
    Ya there is only 1 uberkernel in my preware. My preware is updated btw. It is versyion 1.4.1-21. Do I need to install something besides uber-kernel and govnah? And why would I do a hard reset of my phone and lose all my info??
    Not hard reset, but restart your phone, instead of just a Luna Restart. What version of Preware are you using?

Also Uber-kernel does not do anything. It is just an empty program. I'm not sure if its supposed to be this way.
    Yes it is supposed to be that way. It is a place-marker to show that you have successfully installed UK.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Preware version 1.0.0 I updated preware before I installed uberkernel. I reset the phone twice. I'm thinking I should just delete the programs and try installing them again?
    Try updating to Preware v1.1.0 which was released last night. And yes, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling UK and Govnah.

I have govanah and uberkernel (Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1). Everything was fine until I installed myTether. MyTether works fine. But now as soon as I leave the phone idle for say a 1/2 hr it freezes...If I hit the power button, it starts to reboot.

Is this a known issue?

EDIT: Going to try removing the Uber-kernel and keep mytether and see if that fixes it
    The icon is just to show that you have it, it will not open. You use Govnah to control the kernel.