Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    I set my Pre up last night. Used conservative with set at 500-800. Works great so far.

Not sure what the different setting do, is there a place that explains what the differences are?

Edit: Found it. http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Govnah
    Last edited by ohiomoto; 05/18/2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I installed Uber-Kernel and Govnah two days. I had to get a replacement phone today due to the infamous crack by the usb port. I re-installed Preware, Uber, and Govnah again, but now there in no 800mhz. Does anyone know why?
    hey guys

just installed govnah and uberkernal. try to change settings in govnah to ondemand, and it locks up tighter than a german virgin. everytime. anyone else having this issue?
    Okay I'm new to the Pre scene so please bare with me....just transfered from iPhone:

Are there any available kernels that are currently working with AT&T Pre Plus (1.4.2)?? I've tried the Super PreKernel and I just can't seem to locate a working Uber Kernel. Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

I would like to use Uber Kernel because of scalable frequency and standby mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by cujaflow View Post
    I installed Uber-Kernel and Govnah two days. I had to get a replacement phone today due to the infamous crack by the usb port. I re-installed Preware, Uber, and Govnah again, but now there in no 800mhz. Does anyone know why?
    that is odd. Try reinstalling it (remove it, reboot, reinstall)
    Quote Originally Posted by njackson580 View Post
    hey guys

just installed govnah and uberkernal. try to change settings in govnah to ondemand, and it locks up tighter than a german virgin. everytime. anyone else having this issue?
    Is UK installed? Do you see the icon for it in the launcher? I would try uninstalling and then reinstall. Have you installed any other overclocking kernels in the past?
    Quote Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
    Okay I'm new to the Pre scene so please bare with me....just transfered from iPhone:

Are there any available kernels that are currently working with AT&T Pre Plus (1.4.2)?? I've tried the Super PreKernel and I just can't seem to locate a working Uber Kernel. Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

I would like to use Uber Kernel because of scalable frequency and standby mode.
    I think I remember seeing a post about this earlier in this thread. Do a search and also check out the wiki. There might be some info there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    I think I remember seeing a post about this earlier in this thread. Do a search and also check out the wiki. There might be some info there.
    Searching is really ALL I've been doing...I saw somewhere that someone on AT&T Pre got the Uber Kernel working but they didn't say how or where they downloaded the kernel from...since its not showing up in Preware.

I've also installed the Super Prekernel with the app but even that is still stuck at 600MHz.

I'll look around the wiki a little more but any direct help would also be appreciated.
    yes. i previously had a kernal installed, ran at 800mhz all the time. have since done a HARD reset and a webos doctor. i see the icon for uber. help?

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
    Searching is really ALL I've been doing...I saw somewhere that someone on AT&T Pre got the Uber Kernel working but they didn't say how or where they downloaded the kernel from...since its not showing up in Preware.

I've also installed the Super Prekernel with the app but even that is still stuck at 600MHz.

I'll look around the wiki a little more but any direct help would also be appreciated.
    if I recall correctly from an earlier post I read, there isn't a kernel that can work with the 1.4.2 firmware yet because palm has yet to release the source for it. But if you downgrade your kernel to 1.4.0 you can install uberkernel, but I'm sure that has some I'll sided effects.
    I am running preware 1.0, pre 1.4.1.1 on Sprint. I have downloaded Govnah, but when I try to install UK, I get a fatal error message and it returns to "normal."

In my device info it says I have 6.6GB available. Not quite sure why I'm running out of space.

Here's the IPKG Log notes...

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Creating backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying ability to write to target directories ...
    Verifying ability to write to target files ...
    Installing replacement kernel files ...
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Fatal error occurred, restoring original files
    Original files restored, we have normality, I repeat we have normality

Any ideas onhow to get UK installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    I am running preware 1.0, pre 1.4.1.1 on Sprint. I have downloaded Govnah, but when I try to install UK, I get a fatal error message and it returns to "normal."

In my device info it says I have 6.6GB available. Not quite sure why I'm running out of space.

Here's the IPKG Log notes...

Did you have a previous OC kernel installed?
    No, this was my first attempt. I'm a bit of a newb and didn't want to void my warranty until the rest of you all tried it first.

Well, you have some real trouble over there.

You may not have enough space on the main partition (not the media partition, which you see via usb).

There's a 441.7M partition that somehow you managed to fill..

I'd do a webosDoctor to fix this, as it would be very hard to find the files that are clogging your space.

Sorry, tough luck
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Well, you have some real trouble over there.

You may not have enough space on the main partition (not the media partition, which you see via usb).

There's a 441.7M partition that somehow you managed to fill..

I'd do a webosDoctor to fix this, as it would be very hard to find the files that are clogging your space.

Sorry, tough luck
    In a way, I somehow knew that was going to be the answer. I was just hoping it wasn't. Thanks!
    In a way, I somehow knew that was going to be the answer. I was just hoping it wasn't. Thanks!
    Maybe it's fixable, I've PM'd you already.
    Quote Originally Posted by cujaflow View Post
    You have to reboot your phone and then you should have the option to go to 800Mhz.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Try running the Emergency Migration Helper, you can find it in Preware.

19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Try running the Emergency Migration Helper, you can find it in Preware.
    That won't help. He has a full root partition. That requires a full erase and the webOS Doctor to fix correctly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That won't help. He has a full root partition. That requires a full erase and the webOS Doctor to fix correctly.

-- Rod
    Ah! Okay