Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    im running mine on performance governor. min and max set to 800. getting awesome battery life and temps in the low 30's
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Uber-Kernel does not show up on PreWare for 1.4.2

Just have to wait for the update?
    Last edited by Vkitty; 05/17/2010 at 12:34 AM.
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Uber-Kernel does not show up on PreWare for 1.4.2

Any way of tricking Preware to see 1.4.1.1 so I can download Uber-Kernel? Or do I just have to wait for the update?
    See my latest @webosinternals posts on twitter to keep up to date with 1.4.2 porting status.

-- Rod
    so things are moving pretty smoothly with my new overclocking ways. Thanks to all!

only thing I have noticed...maybe it's mentioned elsewhere and I missed it, or maybe it has to do with the recent app catalog downtime...but since overclocking it seems that the app catalog program icons are constantly flickering.

is this a prob with the overclock or is this unrelated and just some issue with the app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    so things are moving pretty smoothly with my new overclocking ways. Thanks to all!

only thing I have noticed...maybe it's mentioned elsewhere and I missed it, or maybe it has to do with the recent app catalog downtime...but since overclocking it seems that the app catalog program icons are constantly flickering.

is this a prob with the overclock or is this unrelated and just some issue with the app catalog?
    This is a current issue with Govnah, if you leave it open after you set a governor, it will cause the app cat icons to flicker. If you close Govnah after setting a governor you should not have any issues.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    wow...you're right...closed down govnah and the flickering went away.

why would govnah interfere in any way whatsoever with the app catalog? Isn't my pre plus overclocked whether govnah is open or closed?
  7.    #647  
    wow...you're right...closed down govnah and the flickering went away.

why would govnah interfere in any way whatsoever with the app catalog? Isn't my pre plus overclocked whether govnah is open or closed?
    Your answer is in the Preferences screen.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    where?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    See my latest @webosinternals posts on twitter to keep up to date with 1.4.2 porting status.

-- Rod

Got ya on twitter.. Will get facebook soon
    where?

Disable launcher icon updating.

M.
    geez, how did I not see that.
    maybe cause it was 1 am?
    thanks
    do i need to leave the govnah app up all the time? or after i set it can i flick it away?
    Quote Originally Posted by dave24s View Post
    do i need to leave the govnah app up all the time? or after i set it can i flick it away?
    After you set it you can flick it away. Rod says it eats power if you leave it open, 'cause it's polling for CPU temp regularly.

thanks
    So, let me get this straight.

I leave it on the screenstate governor, 800-500, flick it away after setting it. then my pre automatically runs at 800 when the screen is on and when the screen shuts off i goes back to 500?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I leave it on the screenstate governor, 800-500, flick it away after setting it. then my pre automatically runs at 800 when the screen is on and when the screen shuts off i goes back to 500?

yes
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts

Correct. And you will have to reset the screenstate settings after you reboot the phone. thorne
    Quote Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
    yes
    Wow. and what should I be noticing now that I've done all this?
    Wow. and what should I be noticing now that I've done all this?
    That your phone runs noticeably faster when you are opening apps, loads web pages more quickly, is less laggy and doesn't have as noticeable a stutter when scrolling through cards...and is all around snappier. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    That your phone runs noticeably faster when you are opening apps, loads web pages more quickly, is less laggy and doesn't have as noticeable a stutter when scrolling through cards...and is all around snappier. Anyone else?
    it does seem that way. wow. thanks a lot.