Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    I remember reading a while back that there was some sort of self-imposed limiter for why it can't go below 500...is there a hack to compile my own version (at my own risk) to test screenstate between 250-800? I haven't downloaded the source, but if it's a simple hack, could I become an early-tester?
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Quote Originally Posted by sincityk9 View Post
    Have been using this at 500 800 from the first day. Love it. almost no problems. thank you this kernnal is awsomem...
    me too...thanks uberk
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    I remember reading a while back that there was some sort of self-imposed limiter for why it can't go below 500...is there a hack to compile my own version (at my own risk) to test screenstate between 250-800? I haven't downloaded the source, but if it's a simple hack, could I become an early-tester?
    Read back a few more posts.... you dont have to recompile.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Has anyone suggested the following feaure:

When CPU temp reaches a critical level, the clock speed should automatically revert to default 500Mhz.
    Yep, just a few pages back.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Download my latest test kernel, or wait for the OTA kernel-testing feed.

The Touchstone and the power management of the Pre is going to be the death of me.
    Hi Marco, I'm trying your beta Kernel, and even if scaling_min_freq says 125000, scaling_cur_freq never goes below 500000

It does go to 800 when turned on, but it doesn't go to 125000 even with no cards open (I even used jstop to clear everything but phone, systemui and launcher, but no, I never get to 125000).

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Hi Marco, I'm trying your beta Kernel, and even if scaling_min_freq says 125000, scaling_cur_freq never goes below 500000

It does go to 800 when turned on, but it doesn't go to 125000 even with no cards open (I even used jstop to clear everything but phone, systemui and launcher, but no, I never get to 125000).

Any ideas?
    Make sure you are running the correct kernel. do a uname -a and see if it says "unixpsycho-1.4.3". Also make sure Govnah is set to "screenstate" and min CPU is set to 125. If you are not running 1.4.3 package then its not going to go below 500MHz.
    Live free or DIE!
    Thanks for all your time and hard work. I installed 1.4.3 and it's working great. No issues yet, except that Govnah is not seeing the temperature. Just getting the --- in the profile page. Is this a known issue I missed in previous posts? Also, I would like to donate, but there is no button on the first page of this thread. Should I just donate to Webos Internals? Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by My3boys1217 View Post
    Thanks for all your time and hard work. I installed 1.4.3 and it's working great. No issues yet, except that Govnah is not seeing the temperature. Just getting the --- in the profile page. Is this a known issue I missed in previous posts? Also, I would like to donate, but there is no button on the first page of this thread. Should I just donate to Webos Internals? Thanks again.
    I havent added temp patches in the 1.4.3 build, so it's not a Govnah problem . Download latest 1.4.4 build and temp will be there. Compcache is also back.

There is a separate thread regarding my bleeding kernels in the development forum. All good things will end up in Uber-Kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    Download latest 1.4.4 build and temp will be there. Compcache is also back.

The 1.4.4 link on your page points to an ipk with 1.4.3 in the name. Is this intentional?

M.
    Thanks for the fast reply. What about where to donate? By the way, I also noticed that the link points to 1.4.3

Edit: Link now points to "Object not found"
    Last edited by My3boys1217; 05/14/2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Change in facts
    Make sure you are running the correct kernel. do a uname -a and see if it says "unixpsycho-1.4.3". Also make sure Govnah is set to "screenstate" and min CPU is set to 125. If you are not running 1.4.3 package then its not going to go below 500MHz.
    No newbie here

Linux palm-webos-device 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 #unixpsycho-1.4.3 Wed May 12 22:05:44 EDT 2010 armv7l unknown

cat scaling_governor
    screenstate
    cat scaling_max_freq
    cat scaling_min_freq

Screen on:
    cat scaling_cur_freq

Screen off:
    cat scaling_cur_freq
    root@palm-webos-device:/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq#

Any other idea?

BTW:
    cat scaling_available_governors
    screenstate

It just won't go below 500
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    The 1.4.4 link on your page points to an ipk with 1.4.3 in the name. Is this intentional?

M.
    sorry... you're quick. fixed. i think.
    Live free or DIE!
    not fixed =\
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    No newbie here

Linux palm-webos-device 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 #unixpsycho-1.4.3 Wed May 12 22:05:44 EDT 2010 armv7l unknown

cat scaling_governor
    screenstate
    cat scaling_max_freq
    cat scaling_min_freq

Screen on:
    cat scaling_cur_freq

Screen off:
    cat scaling_cur_freq
    root@palm-webos-device:/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq#

Any other idea?

BTW:
    cat scaling_available_governors
    screenstate

It just won't go below 500
    hmm . <...furiously clicking away at the keyboard and Pre...>

trying to reproduce...
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    not fixed =\
    patience...
    Live free or DIE!
    fixed now =)
    Quote Originally Posted by My3boys1217 View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply. What about where to donate? By the way, I also noticed that the link points to 1.4.3

Edit: Link now points to "Object not found"
    I shouldnt post while talking on the phone.

Since most of this stuff ends up in Preware you can donate to webos-internals. I dont take donations directly.
    Live free or DIE!
    sorry... you're quick. fixed. i think.

It is. Wget is doing it's thing as I type!

Thank you!

M.
    I shouldnt post while talking on the phone.

Since most of this stuff ends up in Preware you can donate to webos-internals. I dont take donations directly.
    Done. Thanks.
    Psycho,

One more question:

Is this based in the 1.4.1.1 Palm Patches (with the updated keyboard module), or still the older 1.4.0?

M.