Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1118
  1. #541  
    Wow... ever since installing this uberkernal and govner, my battery drain (on screenstate 500-720) has been eating it up!

    I was at 80% this morning (7am), by the time I got to work it was at 55%(8am). Nothing has been running o_0.

    Im going to shutdown my phone see if it continues :-/
    Last edited by Klownicle; 05/12/2010 at 08:30 AM.
  2. #542  
    I tried a search, but it didn't confirm all of my precise questions. Probably not looking in the right place. @ work & can't spend much time on this at the moment.

    But, if someone does have the time, could you answer a few of my questions?

    1. To install Uber now, I only need to install via the 'kernal' section in PreWare, correct? No more testing feed?

    2. I'm sure it's obvious, but do I need to uninstall any other patches I have running. 5X5, Landscape email, LED video....I really think that's all I use.

    3. Does anyone know if the Uber Kernel behaves in any way that directly harms a 'launch' Sprint Pre? I had read a while back (could be misinformed) that the hardware was somehow different @ the original launch, and I don't want to brick. Even though I'd love a brand new sqeaky clean phone . Regardless, I am aware there is risk.

    Anyway, thanks to WebOSInternals and all others that contributed to this. I will definitely be hitting the donate button, provided things work out for me.

    Cheers!
  3. #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    It seems to graph ok when charging with the screen off.
    I've noticed the same thing. With uber -16 everything seemed to graph right.
  4. #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Wow... ever since installing this uberkernal and govner, my battery drain (on screenstate 500-720) has been eating it up!

    I was at 80% this morning (7am), by the time I got to work it was at 55%(8am). Nothing has been running o_0.

    Im going to shutdown my phone see if it continues :-/
    Are you sure you where not running Govnah during that time? Govnah will wake up every second to collect stats. This will kill your battery if you keep it running.

    I'm running UberKernel with "performance" set at 500-800 (this make it run at 800 all the time) and I get a bit more that 2% drain on idle with good coverage (I have 1400mAh battery instead of the stock 1150mAh).
  5. #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    I tried a search, but it didn't confirm all of my precise questions. Probably not looking in the right place. @ work & can't spend much time on this at the moment.

    But, if someone does have the time, could you answer a few of my questions?

    1. To install Uber now, I only need to install via the 'kernal' section in PreWare, correct? No more testing feed?

    2. I'm sure it's obvious, but do I need to uninstall any other patches I have running. 5X5, Landscape email, LED video....I really think that's all I use.

    3. Does anyone know if the Uber Kernel behaves in any way that directly harms a 'launch' Sprint Pre? I had read a while back (could be misinformed) that the hardware was somehow different @ the original launch, and I don't want to brick. Even though I'd love a brand new sqeaky clean phone . Regardless, I am aware there is risk.

    Anyway, thanks to WebOSInternals and all others that contributed to this. I will definitely be hitting the donate button, provided things work out for me.

    Cheers!
    1. Correct

    2. No, you may leave all of your patches just as they are.

    3. IDK
  6. #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    Are you sure you where not running Govnah during that time? Govnah will wake up every second to collect stats. This will kill your battery if you keep it running.

    I'm running UberKernel with "performance" set at 500-800 (this make it run at 800 all the time) and I get a bit more that 2% drain on idle with good coverage (I have 1400mAh battery instead of the stock 1150mAh).
    Yeah nothing was running, all I did was check my phone battery when I woak up, it says 81%, by the time I got to work and checked it an hour or so later it said 50%. The phone is still chargen up right now after a reboot.
  7. gc916's Avatar
    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    I tried a search, but it didn't confirm all of my precise questions. Probably not looking in the right place. @ work & can't spend much time on this at the moment.

    But, if someone does have the time, could you answer a few of my questions?

    1. To install Uber now, I only need to install via the 'kernal' section in PreWare, correct? No more testing feed?

    2. I'm sure it's obvious, but do I need to uninstall any other patches I have running. 5X5, Landscape email, LED video....I really think that's all I use.

    3. Does anyone know if the Uber Kernel behaves in any way that directly harms a 'launch' Sprint Pre? I had read a while back (could be misinformed) that the hardware was somehow different @ the original launch, and I don't want to brick. Even though I'd love a brand new sqeaky clean phone . Regardless, I am aware there is risk.

    Anyway, thanks to WebOSInternals and all others that contributed to this. I will definitely be hitting the donate button, provided things work out for me.

    Cheers!
    I'm running Uber Kernel on the Pre that I got a week after the launch. No problems that I can see.
  8. #548  
    I had the regular 800mhz patch along with the free cpu scaler and ran it at 500-800 scale with excellent battery life and speed. Since removing those in favor of this new kernel and govnah app, I cannot find any settings that match my experience with old one (as far as battery drain goes). There are so many settings to choose from, I hope I find one that does not drain my battery so fast. I still have the ipk files from old 800mhz kernel but cannot find install instructions for linux command. Can anyone post these? I want to go back to faster pre and better battery life. Thanks
  9. #549  
    Just wanted to say thanks.
  10. #550  
    My battery drain at idle is now under 2%. Not sure why everyone is experiencing such a vast difference in drain.
  11. #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    My battery drain at idle is now under 2%. Not sure why everyone is experiencing such a vast difference in drain.
    What are your settings?
  12. #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post
    What are your settings?
    UK with screenstate 500-720. I'm running only 12 patches. Got a replacement pre last Saturday so everything was installed over a fresh 1.4.1.1 update. Earlier in the week I was draining at around 3-4%. But since I updated Govnah, I am down to 2%. I think also that yahoo accounts drain the battery. I only use yahoo for mail but when you install the yahoo mail account, it also installs the yahoo messenger account to your IM, and the yahoo calendar account to the calendar app. I deleted those specific accounts. So that might have helped as well.
  13. #553  
    hi all. im using uberkarnel with govnah set to 500-800. all is well, one issue.
    i have it set to screenstate, and when on touchstone, my pre gets to 42-44 degrees with light use. ius the pre supose to run on 500 mhz while on touchstone , even when used with these settings, or is it suppose to run 800mhz with these settings while on touchstone?
    does anyone else have this problem?
  14. joe8617's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #554  
    Well, finally took the plunge today after sitting on the sidelines for awhile. Downloaded new kernel, then Govnah, then a full restart.

    Results: awesome. Totally easy install. Pre is much snappier (although not mind-blowingly faster) and the battery life seems the same...perhaps even a bit better?? I know it's only been 12 hours, and I will update later if anything changes, but so far so good.

    Just wanted to say thanks to developers and share my experience. (i donated to telethon). I'm glad I waited until the install was basically foolproof, but I'm glad I jumped in now. Ps: running screenstate 800/500.
  15. #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi all. im using uberkarnel with govnah set to 500-800. all is well, one issue.
    i have it set to screenstate, and when on touchstone, my pre gets to 42-44 degrees with light use. ius the pre supose to run on 500 mhz while on touchstone , even when used with these settings, or is it suppose to run 800mhz with these settings while on touchstone?
    does anyone else have this problem?
    Download my latest test kernel, or wait for the OTA kernel-testing feed.

    The Touchstone and the power management of the Pre is going to be the death of me.
    Live free or DIE!
  16. #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Download my latest test kernel, or wait for the OTA kernel-testing feed.

    The Touchstone and the power management of the Pre is going to be the death of me.
    What is the address of your test feed?
  17. #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    What is the address of your test feed?
    uNiXpSyChO

    Standard Disclaimers apply.
    Live free or DIE!
  18. #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Download my latest test kernel, or wait for the OTA kernel-testing feed.

    The Touchstone and the power management of the Pre is going to be the death of me.
    hi marco. in the description to 1.4.3 you wrote: "Allows screenstate min cpu setting. Users might want to install Govnah if they want to change this"
    can u please explain?
    also, on screen off my pre is running on 125. is that intentional? because after a reboot, the pre freezes(battery pool)
    thanks
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 05/13/2010 at 01:41 AM.
  19. #559  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi marco. in the description to 1.4.3 you wrote: "Allows screenstate min cpu setting. Users might want to install Govnah if they want to change this"
    can u please explain?
    also, on screen off my pre is running on 125. is that intentional? because after a reboot, the pre freezes(battery pool)
    thanks
    125 = min cpu setting.... so when your screen is off, this beta kernel allows your processor to drop to 125, yes it is intentional.

    Govnah is the app that allows you to configure your processor settings. So if you want to use this beta kernel but don't want it to drop to 125 when the screen is off you "might want to install Govnah" so you can change the min MHz the cpu will drop to when the screen is off.

    Again, Unix made very clear on his page, that if you are not technically savy enough to work through the potential issues with running a beta kernel, to simply not install it. A good indicator is, if you don't understand the terminology then you probably shouldn't install it.
  20. #560  
    On the "getting to stick" issue, which is one reason I'm remaining with the older overclock solutions for now, I wonder if Mode Switcher app (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-switcher.html) provides a potential path to solution?

    You can set a time of day trigger (sometime after a daily reboot, for instance), and can have auto launch/open and close of Govnah, but need some way to define parameters to select/start a Govnah saved profile...
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford

Posting Permissions