Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 1118
  1. #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Fixed in the 1.4.1-3 version of Palm Kernel.
    -- Rod
    Scuse my ignorance, but how do you update the Kernel? Do I delete the old one first? ie: I have 1.4.1-21 when I touch the edit button ie: top left, I just get a blank, button ie: no edit menu / not even a greyed out cut / paste / copy menu, not that it matters.
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 05/10/2010 at 07:50 PM.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  2. #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Scuse my ignorance, but how do you update the Kernel? Do I delete the old one first? ie: I have 1.4.1-21 when I touch the edit button ie: top left, I just get a blank, button ie: no edit menu / not even a greyed out cut / paste / copy menu, not that it matters.
    Rod is talking about the Palm recovery kernel. You have the latest version of Uber Kernel installed.
  3. #523  
    so I have the Uberkernel install and Govnah says I am running 500 MHZ. My pre feels alot slower because I had the SuperKernel running 800. Am I missing something with the Uberkernel? Thanks for the help.
  4. #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    so I have the Uberkernel install and Govnah says I am running 500 MHZ. My pre feels alot slower because I had the SuperKernel running 800. Am I missing something with the Uberkernel? Thanks for the help.
    Uber Kernel runs at 500 by default. You must select the settings you want in Govnah. Touch the line that says governor and choose the profile you want ot use, adjust the minimum and maximum settings to what you want. Then click "apply settings"

    Then take the time to read as much of this thread as you can. It will answer nearly all the questions you have.
  5. #525  
    thank you very much rich - I was in the drop down prefs menu - much appreciated.
  6. #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    thank you very much rich - I was in the drop down prefs menu - much appreciated.
    You are very welcome. Once you get everything the way you want, you can save it as a custom profile so you can get it going again after a phone restart by just selecting that profile.

    If you haven't donated, make sure and donate from the link in the first post. It helps keep everything going for great products like this.
  7. #527  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I've looked around and think I've found this out, but I can't be sure until I actually ask: the 3rd-gen ‹berKernel will not need to be removed prior to an OTA webOS update, correct? So we won't have to remove it for safety once it becomes clear that 1.4.2 is imminent, and can safely install the new version on top of the ‹berKernel?
    I never saw an answer to this within this thread. Is this Uber Kernel OTA webOS update safe? Or do we need to regress to stock kernel, then reinstall once updating is complete?

    I assume it is AUPT, but would like to hear a definitive answer from someone other than myself who makes (un)educated guesses.
  8. #528  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I never saw an answer to this within this thread. Is this Uber Kernel OTA webOS update safe? Or do we need to regress to stock kernel, then reinstall once updating is complete?

    I assume it is AUPT, but would like to hear a definitive answer from someone other than myself who makes (un)educated guesses.

    Yes, Uber Kernel is OTA safe. The quote below comes from the 7 principles page referenced in the first post in this thread.

    Uber-Kernel (Palm Pre) [AKA: org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre]
    A collection of all the best (in the subjective opinion of the WebOS Internals kernel team) kernel improvements for the Palm Pre that comply with the above principles, all rolled into a single OTA-safe installation package.


    Principle 4 specifically spells it out.
  9. #529  
    Luna Restarts be gone!!!!
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
  10. #530  
    Nothing against webOS-Internals, but I'm not sure they can guarantee that it'll be 100% safe when the update hits. You never know what might happen. What they are saying is that they've put the maximum amount of effort possible into making it (to the best of their knowledge) as OTA safe as possible. Something unexpected always has the possibility to happen, but it SHOULD work safely.
  11.    #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Nothing against webOS-Internals, but I'm not sure they can guarantee that it'll be 100% safe when the update hits. You never know what might happen. What they are saying is that they've put the maximum amount of effort possible into making it (to the best of their knowledge) as OTA safe as possible. Something unexpected always has the possibility to happen.
    Very true. If you're not prepared to doctor your phone in the worst case, then it's always a good idea to wait 24h after an update to see whether any corrective action has needed to be taken by the developers.

    -- Rod
  12. ganthonyv's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #532  
    first off I love the uberkernal and the govnah. I am new to preware andd patches but the uberkernal was one f the first patches I nstalled. Ok so what temp is considered too hot to where I need to put the phone down and cool off?
  13. #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Luna Restarts be gone!!!!
    I had that problem w/ondemand and a min setting of 125MHz. screenstate saved me - but didn't do my battery any favors.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  14. #534  
    I recently got a replacement phone this past weekend and had to reinstall everything from the start. My old pre I had SPK with CPUScaler and I was averaging about 2%/hr battery drain on idle, which seems like a pretty good number. When I got the new one, I installed Uber with Govnah and yesterday I was averaging about 3-4% battery drain. But today for some reason, I began to average a little over 2% drain. The only difference between today and yesterday was that Govnah updated. What gives? (not that I'm complaining). The battery I was using is not a new one.
  15. #535  
    Tried this out today.
    Min Freq : 250
    Max Freq : 720

    My Pre is super or shall I say Uber fast. and i managed to squeeze out about 2 more hours out of my battery then before.
  16. #536  
    How accurate is the frequency graph in Govnah? It seems that in screenstate with uber -21 that my phone is staying at 800 MHz when the screen goes off. If it's on the touchstone, the graph seems to be accurate as well as when i have it connected to the computer checking frequencies with QI. I currently have my screen at 20% brightness, no brightness unlinked, so i don't think that is the problem. The graph seemed to be accurate when i had uber -16 installed. Any thoughts?
  17. #537  
    This may be an obvious question to ask but is this safe to install with the 800Mhz patch installed? Or do i have to uninstall it then install this?
  18. Jimbode's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    How accurate is the frequency graph in Govnah? It seems that in screenstate with uber -21 that my phone is staying at 800 MHz when the screen goes off. If it's on the touchstone, the graph seems to be accurate as well as when i have it connected to the computer checking frequencies with QI. I currently have my screen at 20% brightness, no brightness unlinked, so i don't think that is the problem. The graph seemed to be accurate when i had uber -16 installed. Any thoughts?
    I've had the same issue on all the Uber kernels. Screen state for me only seems to drop to 500 when charging and the screen is off.
  19. #539  
    It's Govnah that was changed, not UK. It doesn't graph when it's not in focus and/or screen is off. I don't know why this changed as it makes no real sense to me since half the reason (I thought) t) all the work was put into it was to confirm scaling...


    M.
  20. Jimbode's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #540  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    It's Govnah that was changed, not UK. It doesn't graph when it's not in focus and/or screen is off. I don't know why this changed as it makes no real sense to me since half the reason (I thought) t) all the work was put into it was to confirm scaling...


    M.
    It seems to graph ok when charging with the screen off.

Posting Permissions