Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    do i need to keep govnah running, or can I close it after I apply settings for screenstate?
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood084 View Post
    do i need to keep govnah running, or can I close it after I apply settings for screenstate?
    You may close it, unless you want to track for a 5 minute period.
    ROD
    Turned Airplane mode on/off and it seemed to do the trik! Thankfully....sorry for the hassle.

Back to PreWare/Govnah. Here's the version info: //images.precentral.net/sites/precentral.net/files/webos-homebrew-apps/wosqi/WebOSQuickInstall.jar //forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/228310-webos-quick-install-v3-12-a.html[/url]

No UberKernal shows up in the WebOS Internals Feed (Pre)...so I don't think it's available for download. Which explains why I can only see Govnah with a max of 600 MHz.....I'd like to try to get the Pre humming at 800 if I can....any suggestions?

John
    Quote Originally Posted by jmerkler1 View Post
    ROD
    Turned Airplane mode on/off and it seemed to do the trik! Thankfully....sorry for the hassle.

Back to PreWare/Govnah. Here's the version info: //images.precentral.net/sites/precentral.net/files/webos-homebrew-apps/wosqi/WebOSQuickInstall.jar //forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/228310-webos-quick-install-v3-12-a.html[/url]

No UberKernal shows up in the WebOS Internals Feed (Pre)...so I don't think it's available for download. Which explains why I can only see Govnah with a max of 600 MHz.....I'd like to try to get the Pre humming at 800 if I can....any suggestions?

John
    See instructions in Rod's reply below this post.

Thanks Rod.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 05/05/2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Correction
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Go to the first page and add the WebOS internals testing feeds according to the instructions from the link there. Then run Preware and you will see Uber Kernel.
    Actually, it has moved to the versioned webos-kernels feed, which is included by default in Preware.

We needed to do that because the version of webOS will apparently (according to rumours) change to 1.4.2 for some new devices soon and we will need to maintain two separate versions on the kernels in parallel.

So update to latest Preware and the kernels will appear.

The kernels have already been removed from the unversioned testing feed, and we are setting up a specific versioned set of testing feeds for future bleeding-edge kernels from Marco and Steve.

So please point new users to the default Preware feeds only - there is no longer any need to add custom feeds.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Seems to be related to the DSP turning off/on and hibernating at an inconvenient time. I have noticed with the new kernel Palm has scaled back on some things with IVA2 and DSP timings. I think sbromwich mentioned something about that.
    The prcm stuff I did helps, the big killer for camera stuttering is to enable ondemand or otherwise have the frequency suddenly change from underneath the camera. Even with my fixes I see the camera occasionally sit and think while a particularly long running IRQ carries on, but generally it's fairly smooth, so long as one doesn't run the camera at ridiculously low MHz settings *cough*

Cheers, Steve
    I've got WebOSQuickinstall v3.12 (canucksoftware) on my Mac, Preware v0.9.38 and Govnah v0.2.5 on the Pre - don't want to be a newbie but can't where to I find the updates to each of the apps?
    Last edited by jmerkler1; 05/05/2010 at 11:20 PM.
  8.    #408  
    I've got WebOSQuickinstall v1.0 (canucksoftware) on my Mac, Preware v0.9.38 and Govnah v0.2.5 on the Pre - don't want to be a newbie but can't where to I find the updates to each of the apps?
    You need WOSQI 3.12 or later.

If you have installed stuff with WOSQI 1.0, your best option now is the webOS Doctor unfortunately.

-- Rod
    ROB
    Got WOSQI 3.12; however Preware 9.38 doesn't list the uberkernal in the feed section, and WebOS Kernals doesn't show up in WOSQI either. Do I update with the Preware Alpha 9.68 from the System Utilities packages? Thanks
  10.    #410  
    ROB
    Got WOSQI 3.12; however Preware 9.38 doesn't list the uberkernal in the feed section, and WebOS Kernals doesn't show up in WOSQI either. Do I update with the Preware Alpha 9.68 from the System Utilities packages? Thanks
    Kernels are not yet available in WOSQI.

You need Package Manager Service 0.9.46 to see the webos-kernels feed, and you need to have updated your feeds in the last 24 hours.

Alternatively, Preware Alpha 0.9.68 (soon to be Preware 1.0) also has the webos-kernels feed.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    I don't see the option of making the MAX FREQ to 800mhz! I only see 600!
    If I understand correctly, that means you don't have a kernel installed that can go beyond 600MHz. Or you do have one, but you haven't reset your device (opt + sym + R, or power off and on) so that Govnah can see it. thorne
    ROD
    Thanks - just found Uber-Kernal - in the Kernals fee..Sorry for the confusion...Thanks
    Last edited by jmerkler1; 05/06/2010 at 03:53 AM. Reason: opps!
    ROD
    Kudo's bud...now understand Preware (and it's operation), downloaded UberKernal (from the Feed), installed and humming, checken out Govnah operations...but the two seem verrry sweet! Thanks for all the hard work - also went through about 10 pages of this thread - man you have some patience! I'll do my best with the on-line community and try to help folks as others have for me.....really great, and I think I understand all the constraints of the speed side....will let you know how it works for me.....Immediately see the speed improvement...thanks again!
    John
    Last edited by jmerkler1; 05/06/2010 at 03:53 AM.
  14.    #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    i dont see the temperature and i have the patch installed
    There is no patch associated with any of this.

There is a kernel (Uber-Kernel).

There is an application with an embedded C service (Govnah).

That is all.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Installed the new UberKernel Update and works good, but Screenstate doesn't seem to work, it's not downscaling... Did serveral resets but it's not working. The other gov'ners ar working flawlessly
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is no patch associated with any of this.

There is a kernel (Uber-Kernel).

There is an application with an embedded C service (Govnah).

That is all.

-- Rod
    never mind i see it now. when i connect my phone to my computer it doesn't show me the 3 options it started happening when i installed this. help?
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    Thanks unixpsycho. found the file. question though: do i restore just one LunaSysMgr or do i need to restore the libLunaSysMgrIpc.so, event.d/LunaSysMgr?

thanks

Alex
    just the LunaSysMgr file.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    just the LunaSysMgr file.
    Well, this doesn't make sense to me:

Code:
    /# grep LunaSysMgr /md5sums
    16b94adb47c798ee0c42d69e7304b29e *./usr/lib/libLunaSysMgrIpc.so
    dea90948f6841a85b0efa4c13d966267 *./usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    0776cbcec54129acd4a41c617b581245 *./etc/event.d/LunaSysMgr

/# md5sum /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr*
    ca6a3981c382b01a559d7186742f1fe5  /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    ca6a3981c382b01a559d7186742f1fe5  /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.SPK
    UnixPsycho, are you able to explain why your "modified" LunaSysMgr (which clearly isn't yours anymore - I guess your uninstall worked!) and the one I just pulled out of the Doctor's .tar do not match the md5sum Palm says should be on my device?

Sprint Pre
    WebOS 1.4.1.1

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 05/06/2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Typos...
    I've looked around and think I've found this out, but I can't be sure until I actually ask: the 3rd-gen ‹berKernel will not need to be removed prior to an OTA webOS update, correct? So we won't have to remove it for safety once it becomes clear that 1.4.2 is imminent, and can safely install the new version on top of the ‹berKernel?