Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1118
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    Hi

    I installed the kernel today, set it at 800, and I did notice quite some speed increase, but I have a problem: I checked the frecuency after turning on the screen manually and found it back to 500 with governor set as screenstate and min and max values 500 and 800... This has happened evrey time Ive checked

    Could it be because I have a spanish pre?

    Thanks for the help
    Unlikely. Make sure your screen brightness is set to at least 20, as anything 19 or below will cause the program to think you are on the Touchstone and won't power back up to 800. This has solved the issue for most folks.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  2. #262  
    i have camera issues while using the screenstate setting and 720MHz as the max.
    it launches just fine, but there are lockups of several seconds each while using the camera.
    when using 800MHz as the max, they are still there but seem less frequent. same thing happens in userspace setting.

    however, when using the ondemand setting, it never locks up. so i stick with that for now, though i would move to screenstate were it not for these lockups.
  3. #263  
    can anyone post a direct link for downloading this karnel? thanks
  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    can anyone post a direct link for downloading this karnel? thanks
    Well here's a hint... all of the Preware feeds come from ipkg.preware.org, it's a webos-internals development, in testing, for armv7...
    Last edited by jhoff80; 05/03/2010 at 05:48 PM.
  5. R_E
    R_E is offline
    R_E's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #265  
    So i was using my pre last night with the screenstate governor 500-800 last night. I started playing a PDK game (settlers) and the CPU temperature got very hot (51C). I then set it back to 500-600 and the temperatures went lower, though still too hot for my liking.

    So I was wondering if it is possible to create a governor which scales based on CPU temperature.

    Also if this is not possible, could you have govnah alert you if the temp reaches a threshold so you can manually de-overclock? Thanks.

    One other question. I know back when the temp was from the battery sensor, 45C was given as the danger threshold. Is this still the case, or is higher now that the reading is coming directly from the CPU itself and thus is more accurate?
  6. #266  
    There is an app (patch?) that will sound an alert when the CPU gets too hot. I haven't tried it so I can't speak on how accurate it is.


    M.
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by rswst8 View Post
    i have camera issues while using the screenstate setting and 720MHz as the max.
    it launches just fine, but there are lockups of several seconds each while using the camera.
    when using 800MHz as the max, they are still there but seem less frequent. same thing happens in userspace setting.

    however, when using the ondemand setting, it never locks up. so i stick with that for now, though i would move to screenstate were it not for these lockups.
    I have the same problem, with userspace at 720+, screenstate, and conservative at 720+. Tried to reinstall to no avail. The 800 Mhz super kernel did not cause these issue so I assume it is a function of the 1.4.1.1 uber kernel. Hopefully it will get ironed out as things progress. Until then I am running userspace 600 with no problems.
  8. pomokey's Avatar
    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by rswst8 View Post
    i have camera issues while using the screenstate setting and 720MHz as the max.
    it launches just fine, but there are lockups of several seconds each while using the camera.
    when using 800MHz as the max, they are still there but seem less frequent. same thing happens in userspace setting.

    however, when using the ondemand setting, it never locks up. so i stick with that for now, though i would move to screenstate were it not for these lockups.
    I am having the exact same issue. it locks up about 4 seconds after launching the camera app, and about 4 seconds after taking a picture.

    I don't think it's related to the governor, actually. it seems as though its related to the cpu speed. if the cpu is at 720 or higher, the camera app seems to lock up. if you put it at 600, however, the camera app works just fine.
  9. R_E
    R_E is offline
    R_E's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    There is an app (patch?) that will sound an alert when the CPU gets too hot. I haven't tried it so I can't speak on how accurate it is.


    M.
    I know of this patch, but it relies on the battery temperature sensor, which is meant for sensing the battery temperature (duh) and was only used because no other temperature value was available at the time. That is of course unless there is a new app/patch that uses the CPU temp.
  10. #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    I am having the exact same issue. it locks up about 4 seconds after launching the camera app, and about 4 seconds after taking a picture.

    I don't think it's related to the governor, actually. it seems as though its related to the cpu speed. if the cpu is at 720 or higher, the camera app seems to lock up. if you put it at 600, however, the camera app works just fine.
    Mines work fine and I'm using the SPK 800mhz and running scaling 500-800.
  11. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #271  
    Camera issues here as well. It freezes, sometimes allows me to snap a pic but doesn't save until 5 seconds later.
  12. #272  
    so, i guess, the setting to 800 (with uberkarnel) using govnah dont stick after reboot. anyway to have them stick after reboot? thanks
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Probably because your question is Off-Topic.

    This thread is talking about static scaling from 500 and 800. This governor will not allow anything under 500.

    You can try this kernel and select a governor of your choice that will allow low clock speeds.
    thank you for the reply. IDK how its off topic only difference is I'm scaling down to 125 instead of 500. Just wanted to know if others experienced lock-ups at that freq. I apologize I thought the thread was about this specific Uber-Kernel.

    I've seen post about things other than scaling from 500 - 800 here, but I'm not trying to debate or argue.

    Thanks Again.
  14. belvedere's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    so, i guess, the setting to 800 (with uberkarnel) using govnah dont stick after reboot. anyway to have them stick after reboot? thanks
    from my understanding, it's purposely set like that, for now... I would guess it has to do with a situation where applying settings causes the phone to freeze. if the settings were to stick, your phone would be stuck.
  15. xalasten's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #275  
    Added the following to the wiki but incase anyone has missed it in this huge thread.

    Q: I'm confused, my Pre goes back down to 500 after a reboot, I have to reopen Govnah to set it back to screenstate. Any reason?

    A: That is intentional. See the 7 principles of kernel design and packaging at http://bit.ly/next-gen-kernels for details.

    Once we have devised a fail-safe method of making sure that an overclocking failure caused by running your CPU outside of it's guaranteed specification limits does not put you into a reboot loop where you need to doctor your phone to recover it, then we will implement that solution for saving the CPU scaling parameter settings across a reboot.
  16.    #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by dndrich View Post
    Thanks!

    I have never edited a wiki, but I did it! So, it is now under the FAQ section.
    Thanks for your contribution. You're now one of the five awesome people who have taken the initiative to update the documentation and FAQ, and I personally appreciate your effort.

    Application:UberKernel - WebOS Internals is where anyone and everyone else can also copy and paste the frequently asked questions and answers from this thread and then justifiably be known as part of the wider development team for the Uber-Kernel.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/03/2010 at 07:27 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by xalasten View Post
    Added the following to the wiki but incase anyone has missed it in this huge thread.

    Q: I'm confused, my Pre goes back down to 500 after a reboot, I have to reopen Govnah to set it back to screenstate. Any reason?

    A: That is intentional. See the 7 principles of kernel design and packaging at http://bit.ly/next-gen-kernels for details.

    Once we have devised a fail-safe method of making sure that an overclocking failure caused by running your CPU outside of it's guaranteed specification limits does not put you into a reboot loop where you need to doctor your phone to recover it, then we will implement that solution for saving the CPU scaling parameter settings across a reboot.
    Thanks for updating the FAQ. Much appreciated.

    Thanks also to rogerkang. You guys rock.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18.    #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    thank you for the reply. IDK how its off topic only difference is I'm scaling down to 125 instead of 500. Just wanted to know if others experienced lock-ups at that freq. I apologize I thought the thread was about this specific Uber-Kernel.

    I've seen post about things other than scaling from 500 - 800 here, but I'm not trying to debate or argue.

    Thanks Again.
    Please add the question and the answer to the FAQ on the wiki page, since it's been asked and answered many times in this thread.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please add the question and the answer to the FAQ on the wiki page, since it's been asked and answered many times in this thread.

    -- Rod
    What Wiki Page?

    I know there have been lock-ups with other Kernels, I have read that. Was just wondering if there had been any using the new Uber-Kernel, thats all.
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    What Wiki Page?

    I know there have been lock-ups with other Kernels, I have read that. Was just wondering if there had been any using the new Uber-Kernel, thats all.
    The one listed three posts above yours.

    Hangs at low frequencies seem to be device-dependent, not kernel-dependent.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions