1.    #1  
    Messing around with jstop, I managed to create a launcher card. If you launch jstop, and close the launcher thread, the launcher no longer opens when you tap on the icon... BUT!!! If you tap a second time, your carrier string in the upper left will be replaced with a "launcher" menu. If you tap on this, the launcher opens in a card. You can scroll throug and launch apps just like normal, but you can also minimizee it and leave it running, or close it and save tons of resources which makes the os almost stupid fast. Also, other apps in the quick launch bar still function.

Demonstration:
    Last edited by -Gamah; 05/01/2010 at 03:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Ha! That's pretty nifty... I can see this being pretty useful. I'll definitely being playing around with this. Good find!

---
    Wow, after a phone restart and killing the Launcher, the browser and Music Player Remix start noticeably faster. This is with 800mhz Sprint Pre. However, it seems that Universal Searching is broken. If I start typing without "Launcher" menu, it switches to that. I'll be experimenting with this more...
    Last edited by azumak; 05/01/2010 at 04:27 AM.
    I would caution people against doing this. Both com.palm.launcher and com.palm.systemui were specifically designed to always be open and it's very possible this could cause issues.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I've found doing this makes my device unstable, since I've put the 800mhz and scaling on I've hardly needed jstop.
    And for the record, the webOS javascript garbage collector is used by the system automatically. JsTop just uses it slightly more frequently. (just wanna break the myth that garbage collection must be done by JsTop or it won't be done)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    When JSTop came out, I had did that once. And I didn't think it was that big of a deal, I actually thought it would be a problem so I never posted it. Haha. But, idk. I don't feel comfortable doing that. I don't recommend it, but then again, I'm not too knowledgeable on this. Haha.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I would caution people against doing this. Both com.palm.launcher and com.palm.systemui were specifically designed to always be open and it's very possible this could cause issues.
    I ran my phone likee this for a few hours without issue... I had NFSU, Sandstorm, pandora, messsaing and a few browsser windows open and eveything was blisteringly fast.
    Was about to start a new thread, but found this one...

APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя